• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #842is up! "All in the Family"

Spatula

Explorer
Something's gone horribly wrong with this strip when only two weeks have passed since V cast that spell. Strip #639, more than 200 strips ago. Talk about glacial pacing.

Kaodi

Hero
Hmmm... This might throw a wrench in my earlier prediction, but I am not counting myself out yet.

Also, what was the spell that was cast to locate Orrin Draketooth? Would it still have worked if he was dead when they thought he was alive?

LordVyreth

First Post
I have to wonder when Durkon will try to Speak with Dead or even Raise some of them. Mind you, an epic level necromancy spell probably wouldn't leave much evidence, even to one of its victims with maxed out Spellcraft, but at least it would up the defenses again.

As for the pacing, I have to agree about that last arc, but things have really picked up a lot since then, even without accounting for the kickstarter sprint.

Whoever called this in the previous thread, good on ya.
As to whether the spell was an evil spell...yes it was, but the intent wasn't evil (it just had evil tendencies. :) )

No, I think V is going to get a big kick in the character department, first we learn that he/she/it has a family and is driven to vengeance because of them, there is the realization that the familiar is not just a "pull out of a pocket" helper monkey and now this. Expect to see a breakdown/confession as well as some serious personal re-payment for the unexpected consequences.

V is going to have to come to grips that he/she/it has jeopardized the order's entire mission.

Remove ads