Open-Minded Adventurers Wanted for Extravagant Planes-Hopping!

Jolmo

First Post
And could you explain this, I couldn't find the setting information, and I don't have the Planar Handbook so I'm left guessing as to what this feat really does:
Races in Dromus.doc said:
All of the standard races, as well as any sub-races I allow – but not any monster races – receive the Planar Touchstone feat as a free bonus feat, without meeting the prerequisites. Additionally, every character begins the game with the feat attuned to their home plane (if they are from one of the six original planes), or with a random base ability from their birthstone in Dromus. See the setting information for more details. The feat is reproduced below, from the Planar Handbook.

Kelleris

Explorer
Basically, it gives you a minor feat-like power, and grants a more powerful spell-like ability if you meet certain "recharge conditions."

For example, Caeldwyste's planar touchstone grants continual cold resistance 6, and participating in the Odensjakt is the recharge condition for the higher-order power, which allows you to use an ability similar to the righteous might spell once per day, with two "charges" between recharges. Participating in another successful Odensjakt is the recharge condition for this "higher-order ability."

The most important part of granting this feat to everyone is that it means that the planes are quite inhospitable to non-natives. Cold resistance 6 means that a Caelder is unfazed by arctic weather that would quickly kill others, a Yesheveran's bonus to saves versus disease means that they tend to be hale and hearty while invaders keel over around them, and so forth. It's one of the major reasons why Dromus is a center of trade and cultutral exchange: the weather there usually won't kill you, no matter where you are from.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kelleris said:
@ rangerjohn - I tried it on my computer again, and it worked, even when I was logged out. Maybe I could e-mail the offending document to you somewhere?
Strange the others work just fine. I'll try one more time if that doesn't work, you can email me at ranger_32202@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Still not working. Did you do something different with this one? I don't have word, so I'm using wordpad to open them. Works for the rest, but not the classes.doc.

Last edited:

I'm intrigued by this game, but I'm not sure if I have the time to join, so list me as a potential if you've still got room (I'll know more about my amount of free time by this weekend, hopefully). I'm intrigued by the sorcerer's bloodlines, but I can't find more info on them then what's listed in the class description, is it found elsewhere or am I blind? ;)

Kelleris

Explorer
@ Sollir - Bloodlines are exactly the same as those from Unearthed Arcana, except that I'll make a Major version of some of the Intermediates for you. I've never typed it up because everyone in my group has access to the book so we don't need to be more explicit about it. If you want one, just pick a specific one (or two, or three) and I'll type it up.

@ rangerjohn - Sent the e-mail. It's odd that you'd have no luck with that. I didn't do anything dfferent that I'm aware of.

Hrm, actually, I'm drifting over to considering a Technologist right now, lol (I'm afraid many of the changes to the various classes along with the new stuff intrigues me), would you happen to know where I can find more info about them? If you'd have to type it up, I wouldn't worry about it, because it sounds like there's a bunch missing from its writeup above. Thanks!

Kelleris

Explorer
And lo, there were device examples, yea even were technologist ability listings unto them. Verily:

(I also have a system for making new ones, by the way. It's rather complicated, but if you can give me a sorc/wiz/cleric spell you want to model it on I can whip one up.)

EDIT: I appear to have not screwed my head on right. There is an error in the Sorcerer listing. They should have Cleric BAB and d8 HDs. They're basically arcane clerics. I could probably rename them Templars and it would be less confusing, huh? :heh:

EDIT: Removed the attached documents. They're in the Rogue's Gallery thread, here.

Last edited:

Ah, I think I'm pretty much tempted to play the technologist most out of the classes after seeing that writeup-they definately look very interesting. I'd probably aim for fewer, more powerful devices as it'd probably be easier to keep track of and I'd appreciate any more info you could give me on them and the gadget creation system (I'm not sure what kind of a spell would be appropriate to be emulate right now I'm afraid, maybe I'll think of one later, though).

Remove ads