• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OpenRPG & Ports

RedTonic

First Post
This is a software question, so, mods, if there's a better place to move this... :)

I want to use OpenRPG to play a campaign with my group, since we're all over the place. I like the promise of the map functionality among other things. I am trying to set up a server, but my problem is that I can't get a port to open on my router--or something!

My router is hooked up to our wired PC, a desktop running Vista. I am running OpenRPG/Traipse on a Windows 7 netbook. I've successfully opened OpenRPG/Traipse, updated it, used the Server commandline and updated it, and even connected to someone else's server as a test. When it comes to creating mine, however, I can't actually connect to it. I used a port scanner to check and it turns out that the port I need to use isn't open.

I've been digging around in my router's configuration scheme and so far, I haven't hit on the magic combination of buttons and numbers yet. :( Halp!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads