• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Opinion Wanted] MyNetwork TV ... is this good?

Ranger REG

Explorer
One of my local TV station that used to carry TheWB programming opted to be an affiliate with MyNetwork TV beginning September 5, and from the hype they're showing, they'll be featuring American-style limited-run telenovelas.

Is this a good thing? If not, how can I convince my TV station to carry CW?

Jamdin

Explorer
MyNetworkTV (MyTV) is set to launch September 5th and will be offered to former affiliates of WB and UPN that will not be joining the newly formed CW according to Wikipedia's MyNetworkTV.

Our local UPN channel will be switching to MyTV while our local WB will switching over to CW.

Ranger REG

Explorer
KaosDevice said:
I've never heard of it, but it doesn't sound promising to me.
Considering the promos I've seen only contains two telenovela progams: Desire and Fashion House, I couldn't stand to watch them. My K5 better start buying some airtime for sci-fi syndicated shows. Please let there be BSG on free-air.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, it's official.

I hate MyNetworkTV!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is sooo bad that I can't even watch local UH sports programs on that particular channel.

I won't be watching KidsWB and the premiere of Legion of Super-Heroes, plus new episodes of The Batman which is introducing Robin this season ... because they're airing infomercials in its place on September 23rd.

Pure ... PURE ... crap.

(Yes, I sent two angry emails to the station commenting their decision to become that affiliate and their base intelligence of their management personnel.)

Taelorn76 said:
Simply put, No it's not a good thing.

Oh, the humanity!

Who revivified Bo Derek, is what I want to know. Man. Truly eye-gouging stuff. Thankfully, it's on in my area at 9 and 10 p.m., so they're still running the CW stuff.

Aargh, and now I see Tippi Hedren in the cast list, too, for Fashion House. "From Hitchcock to Fashion House: My Career in Entertainment."

Ranger REG

Explorer
Aesthetic Monk said:
Oh, the humanity!

Who revivified Bo Derek, is what I want to know. Man. Truly eye-gouging stuff. Thankfully, it's on in my area at 9 and 10 p.m., so they're still running the CW stuff.
Lucky you. CW is not aired in Hawaii.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Ranger REG said:
I hate MyNetworkTV!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is sooo bad that I can't even watch local UH sports programs on that particular channel.

I won't be watching KidsWB and the premiere of Legion of Super-Heroes, plus new episodes of The Batman which is introducing Robin this season ... because they're airing infomercials in its place on September 23rd.

Pure ... PURE ... crap.

(Yes, I sent two angry emails to the station commenting their decision to become that affiliate and their base intelligence of their management personnel.)

It wasnt really their decision. Its not like they had much choice in the matter. There are no other national networks to really chose from. MANY of the affiliate stations are owned by Fox's parent company (News Corp owns as many as 3 broadcast stations in some area's) so when the Momma company creates a faux network to fill the primetime hours you're kinda forced to use it.

the CW snapped up nearly all the affiliates that already had HD broadcast capability if i'm not mistaken. The Wiki page has a list of all their affiliates.

Ranger REG

Explorer
BrooklynKnight said:
the CW snapped up nearly all the affiliates that already had HD broadcast capability if i'm not mistaken. The Wiki page has a list of all their affiliates.
Yet not one station in Hawaii. :confused:

I'm warning you, guys. Don't let your local TV station sign up to be a MyNetworkTV affiliate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads