Options for Sharing a Homebrew World

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
I have a fairly generic fantasy homebrew world I want to share with my current (tabletop) players and future (online) players and allow people to update the content
I would start with one entry each for Nations, History, Deities, Races and Character Options. But this would grow as I (or others) split them out or expand on text.

My current options are
- Try some sort of wiki site
- Host files in a document site, something like github.com
- Put them on a central RPG site like ENWorld

Has anyone done anything similar with their homebrew?

Nagol

Unimportant
Obsidian Portal seems to be a popular site for that specific purpose.

I tend to not bother. I tried it once with Ars Magica but I find there is limited appetite among the players to contribute or even do more than skim information while not at the table.

Typically, my information is stored in ways that require a modest amount of translation to make it into something readable by others and I consider it a chore to convert.

Jhaelen

First Post
I don't expect anyone outside our group to be interested in my homebrew (and I'm typically not interested in other groups' homebrews, either).
We simply share everything in a dedicated drop-box folder. This works very well, especially to have ready access to all our session reports and current(, past, and future) character sheets.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I established a wiki years ago, and I love it. I can work from anywhere, and I never lose anything. It works well for me. Obsidian portal is a nice wiki.

the_cowley

Explorer
I typically use google docs for things like this. Auto saves well, you can give different permissions to different viewers; via the link you give them. Has always worked well for me, regardless if im letting others just view or edit as well

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have an update coming here at EN World called Wiki Threads. Any thread you create you can designate as a Wiki Thread and allow others permissions to edit it.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I use the campaign manager/communities here now, which has some of these features. Basically private boards with threads that you can control access to and then additional places where you can upload supporting documents and things like that.

Way back a friend and I had a dedicated website. That was some work.

http://www.terra-viejo.net

Remove ads