• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orc Blood???

Skead

First Post
In the book for Half-Orcs, it says they are considered Orc blood for the purpose of spells. It then says to refer to the MM for more information... which doesn't tell me anything. :(

Anyone have an idea what Orc Blood means?

Skead

First Post
Folly said:
Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.

Correct, what effects would those be?

Edit: Ok, makes a little more sense. If there is a race specific spell, they are considered orc.
But it did say in the book they have Orc Blood, and refer to MM for more info. Which says Orcs are more affected by certain spells or something?

Folly

First Post
For all things related to race they are considered orc. This means that orc bane or FE:Orc would affect half-orcs, but would not be affected by human bane or FE:Human.

VanRichten

First Post
Favored Enemy effects such as a Ranger can choose a favored Enemy of Orc. This means his Favored Enemy Bonuses affect Half-Orcs and Orcs.

Dwarves get a racial bonus when fighting Orcs. This also works versus Half-Orcs.

There are some magic items that state "Must be an Orc". In this matter a Half-Orc can also use the item.

Skead

First Post
VanRichten said:
There are some magic items that state "Must be an Orc". In this matter a Half-Orc can also use the item.

oh, thats what I read, I havent seen any magic items that say that yet... anyone have an example. (edited: Sorry, have a bunch of things going on)

And thanks for clearing it up about Orc Blood. Makes MUCH more sense now. :)

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Skead said:
And thanks for clearing it up about Orc Blood. Makes MUCH more sense now. :)
In the Core rules, having orc blood is a racial disability. It does nothing other than help Rangers, Dwarves and Bane Weapons kill you.

If you are lucky the DM might place a magic weapon that is only usable by orcs, but more likely than not it will either be weak since orc casters ain't the greatest or it will be very evil, potentially trying to get you to kill every non orc in the party.

Remove ads