ORCS or Half-Orcs?

Reynard

Legend
Orcs don't need to be a "good" or "neutral" race to be interesting. Orcs are a product of Tolkien, and in Tolkien's work orcs are filthy, wicked creatures born of evil that also happen to have individual personalities.

Mighty Veil

First Post
No no Reynard. I think the pro-noble savage orc, with their proud Klingon honor culture, could make a good core race. Orcs, tieflings and of course, Mindflayers. Gnomes can be the new orc. Tribes of flesh eating gnomes attacking farmers. The adventures write themselves.

An evil wizard and his foul evil gnome bodyguards attack and take over the king's magic tower. You are hired to re-take the tower!

5 player group consists of an Orc cleric, wise in way of noble savagery and very spiritual, good with kids too (like all orcs in D&D). Blood'devil, the chaotic good tielfling rogue. Mindflayer warlord! Human barbarian (cause humans are the real savages), and a eldarin warlock, a fey warlock. The orc and eldarin are dating (the orc insisted since Grummish and Corellon are now in a relationship). D&D!!! Let's grab our dice and roll to diplomacy!

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Mighty Veil said:
No no Reynard. I think the pro-noble savage orc, with their proud Klingon honor culture, could make a good core race. Orcs, tieflings and of course, Mindflayers. Gnomes can be the new orc. Tribes of flesh eating gnomes attacking farmers. The adventures write themselves.
As long as the gnomes can eat orc baby flesh (because the orcs are intrinsically evil), then it's still D&D.

Mallus

Legend
Mighty Veil said:
Then I want Mindflayers as a core race. They could be based off the Swiss and Maya. They'll be neutral. Known for their strong banks and their interest in calendars and time.
That's brilliant! I am so stealing that for my next campaign... wait, who am I kidding, I'm going to find a way to use that in my current campaign. Which, as readers of our story hour now, will actually be kinda easy...

Remove ads