• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Bow Initiate & Many Shot

RuminDange

First Post
Not sure if this has been asked before and didn't have the time to look just yet, so...

Can the Order of the Bow Initiate's Ranged Precision Shot be used at the same time as the Many Shot feat? Both are standard actions. This wouldn't be a question since primarly used the old versoin of OotBI which was a Ranged Sneak Attack, so this just came up.

Thanks,

RD

Corlon

First Post
I don't quite recall the reasoning, probably dealing with meshing the texts or something...

but I believe the general consensus was "no."

Sorry I couldn't be more specific :heh:.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
RuminDange said:
Can the Order of the Bow Initiate's Ranged Precision Shot be used at the same time as the Many Shot feat? Both are standard actions.

No, it can't... because as you say, they're both standard actions.

If Manyshot said "When taking the attack action with a bow, you may..." and Ranged Precision said "When taking the attack action, the Order of the Bow Initiate may...", then you could use both at the same time by taking the attack action. But instead, they both say "As a standard action, ..."

So you either use Ranged Precision as a standard action, or you use Manyshot as a standard action.

-Hyp.

RuminDange

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
No, it can't... because as you say, they're both standard actions.

If Manyshot said "When taking the attack action with a bow, you may..." and Ranged Precision said "When taking the attack action, the Order of the Bow Initiate may...", then you could use both at the same time by taking the attack action. But instead, they both say "As a standard action, ..."

So you either use Ranged Precision as a standard action, or you use Manyshot as a standard action.

-Hyp.

Thanks for the quick responses.
That's what I was thinking, but when comparing old to new versions and the question comes up it is best to double-check with those here on En World. Especially when you don't have time to do a search and weed though all the threads that turn up. :D

RD

P.S. I'll think I go back to my previous thought on OotBI. They got hit with the nerf bat really hard.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads