"Order of the Stick" book signing - saw lots of EN Worlders!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I was the woman with the baby who walking in at about 6:30 (after planning the day around it, driving from attleboro in the rain with a headache and a baby and having the worst parking luck in harvard square of my life) heard "this is the last one" said to the guy at the counter buying the book.

ehem. That'll show me to underestimate the number of people besides myself who will get excited over a webcomic. :\

I left fairly quickly after that before any embarassing exibitions of frustration could occur, so I didn't get a chance to check the line for people to catch up with. :( See you all at the game day.

kb

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Glyfair said:
However, I really wish he had held off selling books at appearances until those who preordered the books (which allowed him to print them) had their books at least shipped.

Ah well, at least he's up to 3 days a week now.

I agree, I wasn't about to buy another copy to get it signed, but I haven't had my pre-ordered copy shipped yet, so I would not have been able to bring my copy to get signed.

Maybe he'll keep it in mind for Volume II..which should come sooner now that he's updating more often :)

Rugger

Explorer
I SOOOOO wanted to go....but alas a half-day off from work and a 4 hour drive was not in the cards :)

I did get mine in the mail a couple of days ago, and MAN is it a nice book. Not sure quite what I expected, but it wasn't as nice as it is in reality. Big, meaty, bright colors, and full of hilarity ensuing.

Love it :)

-Rugger

Storminator

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I was the woman with the baby who walking in at about 6:30 (after planning the day around it, driving from attleboro in the rain with a headache and a baby and having the worst parking luck in harvard square of my life) heard "this is the last one" said to the guy at the counter buying the book.

ehem. That'll show me to underestimate the number of people besides myself who will get excited over a webcomic. :\

I left fairly quickly after that before any embarassing exibitions of frustration could occur, so I didn't get a chance to check the line for people to catch up with. :( See you all at the game day.

kb

Had you not veered to the right as you exited the store, you would have run smack into me. So hi!

PS

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Storminator said:
Had you not veered to the right as you exited the store, you would have run smack into me. So hi!

PS
:eek: well, I appologize for any unfocused glaring you may have inadvertently recieved. ;) The day wasn't a complete loss, but at that very moment the cranky level was high.

Glyfair

Explorer
Thornir Alekeg said:
I agree, I wasn't about to buy another copy to get it signed, but I haven't had my pre-ordered copy shipped yet, so I would not have been able to bring my copy to get signed.

Yeah, I understand the situation. He, presumbably, had this scheduled long before he knewof the issues involved. However, everytime I read someone like skinnydwarf commenting about picking it up at a signing, it feels like they are rubbing it in my face ;)

"Gee, you liked it enough to preorder the first day. That was silly, I got it faster by going to a personal appearance a month or two after orders started shipping."

Still, I'm sure Rich has learned from this episode and the future editions will be much more organized.

skinnydwarf

Explorer
Glyfair said:
Yeah, I understand the situation. He, presumbably, had this scheduled long before he knewof the issues involved. However, everytime I read someone like skinnydwarf commenting about picking it up at a signing... <SNIP>.

I had actually picked it up the Monday before. And put myself over my book-budget. But that's nothing new. That's what I get for working in Harvard square. "Why not stop by Pandemonium on the way home? Oooo, pretty gaming books!"

Glyfair

Explorer
skinnydwarf said:
I had actually picked it up the Monday before. And put myself over my book-budget. But that's nothing new. That's what I get for working in Harvard square. "Why not stop by Pandemonium on the way home? Oooo, pretty gaming books!"

Fine, rub it in even more. "I didn't even have to go to a book signing to get it before you." ;)

DaveStebbins

First Post
I'm a couple of states too far away for the book signing, but I did get mine about a week and a half ago. I loved re-reading everything too. The 18 new strips and various other extras were an awesome addition!

-Dave

Remove ads