Oriental Adventures?

Psion

Adventurer
hong said:
I have some martial artist PrCs on my web page. They're designed with my base martial artist class in mind, but they should still work if you base them off the monk or fighter.

Actually my current plan is to use a baseline soft and hard stylist PrCs and customize the lists of skills, prereqs, bonus feats, and class abilities according to the actual style.

Rune

Once A Fool
Olive said:
i can attest to the fact that rune's story hour is different...

it's also very good, and gave me lots of ideas!

Thanks, Olive! By the way, do you know that there's finally been an update recently, with more on the way? I know I never emailed you (I kind of figured that there was no need with the subscriptions to threads nowadays, but I guess that's been disabled).

Olive

Explorer
to be honest i've been working lots so not so much message board time...and so i haven't.

hey are you ever going to write up the rules that you use to run the setting? I seem to recall you said somethign about it.

i'd really liekt o run a fantasy china game, but other people i know aren't so into it...

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
*sticks his head in the room*

If you're running an oriental campaign you should rent "The Bride With White Hair." It's one of the best (in my opinion) fantasy/chinese martial arts action movies!

- Mark

olethros

First Post
I'm starting a homebrew OA campaign that is Rokugan with several changes.
I'm using Human, vanara, Nezumi, and genasi as the character races.
Nonetheless, I love OA and Rokugan.

Tewligan

First Post
Neowolf said:

On a related note, if anyone knows where I could find some variant combat rules to allow for CT,HD style stunts, a link would be much appreciated. :D

I haven't read it, but there's a d20 product in print for games with a wuxia flavor. I can't remember the exact name, but I THINK it's something like "Blue Tiger, (something) Dragon." I know it has a CT, HD-type name, though.
To keep on topic with the original post, I'm playing a sohei character in a non-OA campaign. He's a guardian to a monastic order of paladins and monks who's been sent out to learn the ways of the world after living his entire life within the monastery's walls. I'll probably multiclass him into a paladin once he'sproven his worth.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I haven't read it, but there's a d20 product in print for games with a wuxia flavor. I can't remember the exact name, but I THINK it's something like "Blue Tiger, (something) Dragon."

After a quick Google search I the only thing I was able to find was a book for Hong Kong Action Theater. It was called "Blue Dragon, White Tiger." Which isn't a D20 product. If you do manage to find the d20 game you were thinking of I'd love to know what is is. :)

Last edited:

Neowolf

First Post
Come to think of it, WotC had a game up for download on their website at one point that was very much CTHD style. I can't remember what it was called for the life of me, but I want to say it was something like Dragon Fist. I'll go see what I can dig up there. :)

Tsyr

Explorer
It was called Dragon Fist. I still have a copy of it. Printed and bound, as a matter of fact.

The only CT:HD type name I know of for a D20 product is "Jade Dragons and Hungry Ghosts", which is a monster book for asian type monsters.

d20 wuxia type books that I know of are Burning Shaolin, which is a fengshu/d20 crossover module, but I'm told it's less then spectacular, and Jade and Steel, from Avalanche press, which if you can look past the cover, is actualy a pretty good book for running a chinese-themed OA game.

Remove ads