'Origin' of Your User Name

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
LiVeWiRe said:
Obviously if you use your actual name then that's self-explanatory, but if not then please respond...

Does this mean that we shouldn't post if it's self-explanatory? ;)

Quickbeam

Explorer
Simple enough...

** I really like the LotR books.
** Talking trees like those in The Wizard of Oz the Ents, are way cool.
** And mostly because I happen to be similar in personality to my namesake. Which is to say that I'm jovial, tough, and quick to give an answer before I've always heard the entire question or proposal.

Besides, I like how it sounds :).

Turjan

Explorer
"Turjan of Miir" is the name of the protagonist of the first story in Jack Vance's "The Dying Earth" from 1950. I think it's the first time that D&D type magic has been used, ever. Well, obviously D&D took it from Jack Vance ;).

I'll always remember Turjan's magic duell with Kandive the Golden. They use spells like "The Excellent Prismatic Spray", and the descriptions are awesome :).

My last name is Dyal, an Indic name, and in my yoga classes my students used to call me Mr. Joshua because I'd chain them up from the ceiling and beat them.

Or, Joshua Dyal is just really my name and the fact that Dyal is also a last name in India is just a coincidence! ;)

How much explanation do you want on my name, anyway? I could go on and on about how some of our folks think the origin of the name goes back to the first recorded sherrif of Oxford, but I don't know if I buy that or not.

Seule

Explorer
Many years ago I playe a Ranger named Seule on a MUD (Realms of the Dragon if anyone cares), and the name stuck as a number of online friends only knew me by that name. It's not taken very often online, and is fairly unique.
Of course, when lonely French guys started hitting on me because it's also the feminine of 'alone' in French, I had to get my wife to translate. We both find that very funny.

--Seule

Lazybones

Adventurer
Pretty self descriptive.

I mean, writing a novel-length story hour while at work, or building NWN modules until I can no longer see the keyboard, no problem.

But actually working...

Remove ads