Origins Game Fair

Crothian

First Post
SolitonMan said:
I checked the site via the link, but I couldn't find any prices. Do you know where I can find info on the cost of a full show versus one day badge?

When you sign up and goto purchase a badge they have all the different options. I only looked at the five day badges that are now 50 instead of 70 I think.

Crothian

First Post
Insight said:
I have a feeling Origins is going to be overshadowed by the 4E stuff that I expect will be held back for Gen Con. I've been to Origins for something like 6 or 7 years in a row, but I'm going to Gen Con for the first time this year, owing almost entirely to what I expect to be released at Gen Con.

Origins is not about the big new releases so I don't think it's going to be that big of deal for them. Origins this year looks to be really promoting the gaming with the game fair attitude.

crow81

First Post
Last year I went to GenCon and had a blast but this year it is Origins instead. For me it boiled down to did I want to say goodbye to 3.5 and Living Greyhawk or hello to 4e and Living Forgotten Realms.

I am very luke warm on 4e and 3.5 has brought me back into D&D after a 12 year lapse.

So I will honor the game that has given me a great experience. ;)

Crothian

First Post
If people want to get together during the con for some one shots I've got plenty of options. Tomorrow will be the 5th different game I've done a one shot for in the past 6 months so I have a lot of games prepared I can recycle for the con.

kenobi65

First Post
I'll be going (third straight year for me), though I'll likely be playing Living-type stuff (Living Greyhawk, Living Arcanis, Legends of the Shining Jewel, etc.) all weekend.

Bubbalicious

First Post
Crothian said:
If people want to get together during the con for some one shots I've got plenty of options. Tomorrow will be the 5th different game I've done a one shot for in the past 6 months so I have a lot of games prepared I can recycle for the con.

Oh! So we're only good enough for leftovers!

Boss

First Post
My buddy and I went to Origins last year and had a great time. But, as others have said, I can only do one convention a year and this year will be my first trip to GenCon. I did learn one extremely valuable lesson at Origins, get a hotel room AT the convention site, rather than 10 miles away, it makes a HUGE difference.

Remove ads