Oscar Best Picture Nom Nom Noms

What movie do you want to win the Academy Award in the Best Picture category?

• 1. Belfast

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2. Coda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Don't Look Up

• 4. Drive My Car

• 5. Dune

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • 6. King Richard

• 7. Licorice Pizza

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 8. Nightmare Alley

• 9. The Power of the Dog

• 10. West Side Story

• 11. I refuse to vote in a poll that doesn't have a Marvel Movie.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Poll closed .

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So, the Oscar Best Picture nominees have been announced! And I thought I'd post a thread for all Oscar-related conversation.

Or Pizza. Because All threads have a Pizza subtext. Or surtext. Or texttext.

The poll is pretty simple- what picture do you WANT to win best picture? This is slightly different that what picture to do think will win.

Explain your choice in the comments, and/or discuss anything you wish about the Oscars for 2022. Awards are announced March 27, 2022!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Haven't seen any of them so no idea. But a vote has been cast nonetheless from what I know of the films.. ;)

I loved Dune, and I almost voted for it. I'm truly disheartened that Denis didn't get a best director nod.

...but I still had to vote for Licorice Pizza. That was a really good movie.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've only seen three of them. I absolutely loved Dune and that's what I voted for. West Side Story is superbly crafted, I enjoyed it, but I wasn't particularly moved by it. Don't look up, IMHO, is a truly mediocre movie whose only redeeming feature is the cast, especially Di Caprio.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
So, the Oscar Best Picture nominees have been announced! And I thought I'd post a thread for all Oscar-related conversation.

The poll is pretty simple- what picture do you WANT to win best picture? This is slightly different that what picture to do think will win.

Explain your choice in the comments, and/or discuss anything you wish about the Oscars for 2022. Awards are announced March 27, 2022!
I voted for the better of the only two on the list I have seen.
Or Pizza. Because All threads have a Pizza subtext. Or surtext. Or texttext.
...annnnd you just wrecked your own thread.

Retreater

Legend
I watched around 30 minutes of Dune. My wife watched West Side Story with some of her girlfriends. Haven't heard of the rest of them.
Have movies even been released in the past 2 years?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I watched around 30 minutes of Dune. My wife watched West Side Story with some of her girlfriends. Haven't heard of the rest of them.
Have movies even been released in the past 2 years?
A bunch. Cant recall anything too good tho.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've only seen Dune and Don't Look Up. DLU was nominated for a best picture Oscar? Weird!

Retreater

Legend
A bunch. Cant recall anything too good tho.
I have a vague recollection of going into a darkened area and watching a Ghostbusters movie. Am I remembering Ghostbusters 2 being released in 1989? I'm looking down and I see a sundae I bought from Hardees with glow-in-the-dark syrup. I hear Bobby Brown on the radio. Is it ... was it 1989 I last went to the movies and saw Ghostbusters?
I don't remember the outside world anymore. I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil... between me... and the wheel of fire! I can see him... with my waking eyes!

Remove ads