Oscar Best Picture Nom Nom Noms

What movie do you want to win the Academy Award in the Best Picture category?

• 1. Belfast

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2. Coda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Don't Look Up

• 4. Drive My Car

• 5. Dune

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • 6. King Richard

• 7. Licorice Pizza

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 8. Nightmare Alley

• 9. The Power of the Dog

• 10. West Side Story

• 11. I refuse to vote in a poll that doesn't have a Marvel Movie.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Poll closed .

aco175

Legend
Hardees sundaes are one hell of a drug.
I miss Hardies, have not had them since I lived in Savannah, GA.

As far as the Oscars, I tend to not see any of the films that get Best Picture. In the last several years, I have seen Hurt Locker and Green Book. The show itself seems to be going political like the others and it turns me off from watching.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I miss Hardies, have not had them since I lived in Savannah, GA.
We still have some, but I just say no.
As far as the Oscars, I tend to not see any of the films that get Best Picture. In the last several years, I have seen Hurt Locker and Green Book. The show itself seems to be going political like the others and it turns me off from watching.
I bailed on the Oscars a long time ago. Not politics, just so boring. That goes for any awards show really. I do enjoy seeing who gets nom'd and who wins. Reading about it the next day works for me.

Mezuka

Hero
When you look at the list of movies who won the Oscar for best picture over the years it is very surprising. Most of them you won't even remember but you will remember other pictures of the same year...

Golden Globes are a better reflection of cinematographic quality imho.

payn

When you look at the list of movies who won the Oscar for best picture over the years it is very surprising. Most of them you won't even remember but you will remember other pictures of the same year...
Its often true.
Golden Globes are a better reflection of cinematographic quality imho.
Yeah, im not here for this. GG are like consolation for stuff that doesn't even get mentioned at the Oscars.

payn

My assumption is that if they're going to give Dune the big awards, it's going to be when the second half of the adaptation comes out.
Interesting, like the way the Emmys go? Television series often get awards in later seasons after the best work has been laid.

I'm mostly basing it on how the Lord of the Rings trilogy only got (relatively) small Academy Awards like best makeup, original score, visual effects, sound editing, and whatnot until Return of the King came out and won all of the big ones like best picture and director.

Interesting, like the way the Emmys go? Television series often get awards in later seasons after the best work has been laid.

Remove ads