• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OSRIC v1.00 released.

RFisher

Explorer
Woo hoo! Good to see 1.0 finally available. Good work P&P & co.!

I love the name. Easy to pronounce & just the right touch of archaicness. Not to mention that it'd be a fine name even if it weren't an acronym (unlike most games with acronym names).

rebarton2

First Post
Congrats! I've downloaded it as well and am eager to test it out.

I must say, Papers, that your choice of specific stimulants/inspirations bodes well - Talisker is my favorite single malt, and the Old Peculier is my favorite English ale. Tea? well, I'm still a yank and prefer coffee. Two of three isn't bad.

And I like the name. And I got the old-english references. keep up the good work.

Geleg

Treebore

First Post
Once I am able to reserve and pay for my GenCon flight and hotel room I would be willing to organize a GenCon OSRIC presence.

Even so I bet Joe and Suzi of XRP could be talked into doing it. I think they have proven time and again they are gluttons for punishment. ;)

Mark Hope

Adventurer
PapersAndPaychecks said:
There will be a collectors' edition eventually, yeah. I'm planning on two releases: A US English collectors' edition (restricted to 100 copies) and a UK English one (also restricted 100 copies).

I'm planning to charge massively, sumptuously, breathtakingly, eye-poppingly exorbitant prices for those in an attempt to cover some of my costs, so if you're on a budget, get the ordinary version. ;)
Count me in for one of those UK copies!

sjmiller

Explorer
Delta said:
You guys simply must change the name. As much as I love the idea, a vaguely non-pronouncable acronym is really going to hobble people picking it up.
You know, GURPS was supposed to get a name change after Steve Jackson finished writing it. But, everyone thought the acronym fit, sounded good, and was easy to identify. OSRIC is not hard to pronounce, looks good, and if you forget that it is an acronym, it's a perfectly good name.

Remove ads