[OT] 10 Things Wrong With Star Trek

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Re: Re: [OT] 10 Things Wrong With Star Trek

Ranger REG said:

Hmm. Sounds like it is written by a B5 fan who is still peeved there won't be any more TV spinoff. LOL! :D

...and written some time back by someone who is older, I'd suspect. I see only TNG and TOS references and the reference to "fuses" generally comes from a person living in the past. Imagine the cargo bays filled with replacement fuses just because in the future they revert back to them from circuit breakers... :p

John Crichton

First Post
durath said:
It's kind of funny this came up. Check out the deleted scenes on the Star Trek:Nemesis DVD which was just recently released.

I believe it is the final deleted scene where Picard is inspecting his new Captain's chair. The eager officer who installed it tells him to push a certain button and *ta-da* a seatbelt pops out of the thing to restrain him.
Just to add: Search for Spock actually had a form of seatbelts in the Excelsior. It was for their 'transwarp drive.' They were restraints that colapsed in from either side of every seat on the bridge. Nifty, eh? I guess that sucker was supposed to go really fast...

"Then fly her apart!"

Yeah it does sound very updated sorry... and yes it is a "humorous" post, but some replies anyway...

10. "Vreet vreet" was from Space Academy not Star Trek. I think it sounds cool... and at least you know when someone comes in the room. :p

9. Read James Alan Gardner's work for a creepy league of peoples... The UFP is not a global force (each planet does have a single gov though),it is an alliance of many worlds.

Also the uniforms are wool now.

8. Can't argue with that (except for the butchering of Geordi's name)... but there have been several other engineering types portrayed beyond him now...

7. It's a starship not a spaceship. :D They tried the seatbelt in ST:TMP. Besides what fun would that be... Let's see all that drama as they vibrate in their chairs all show...

6. No comment on this either... except, here's your chair... ;)

5. Obviously only watched TNG. However, I cannot give an opinion on Firefly since after just watching the promo I was already bored to tears.

4. oh so cute.

3. Isn't this rather like 8?

2. Nope no squeegie. That matter would just be used for matter in the future. Who says that wasn't done. It just wasn't shown. Of course you could just watch Deep Space NIne (came towards the end of TNG) and load program "Vulcan Love Slave 2: The Revenge" :p

1. What Star Trek were YOU watching?

Again I know it was a "joke" post, but my responses are tongue in cheek as well. :)

s/LaSH

First Post
omata said:
you can add to many human looking aliens to the list

Didn't they explain that? See, there were these aliens who went around seeding life throughout the galaxy, and they were kinda humanoid, so everyone today is kinda humanoid.

Obviously, Kirk is one of these aliens in disguise.

And because the terrestrial dinosaur-descended creatures in the Delta Quadrant are humanoid, we can only conclude that these aliens were very, very old and very, very persistent (how else could they make every sentient species but the Horta bipeds over X million years? By never. Stopping. Poking. Their. Noses. Where. They. Don't. Belong).

Obviously, Kirk is... wait, I already said that.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Just like to confirm that I DIDN'T WRITE THIS, :D, I just saw it on the Internet and stole it.

And I put it in GD so that people would see it before it got moved to Non-RPG, sorry Darkness. :)

Assenpfeffer

First Post
The top 5 things wrong with Star Trek:

5) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
4) Enterprise
3) Star Trek: Voyager
2) Star Trek: The Next Generation
1) Rick Berman

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Assenpfeffer said:
The top 5 things wrong with Star Trek: