[OT] 10 Things Wrong With Star Trek

Mark said:

Maybe because transporters won't work (or aren't supposed to work) through shields? At least that's the way I've always seen them limit how transporters work.

Everything including excessive Klingon flatulence will keep a transport from functioning. :rolleyes:

The weapon would be useless far too often.

Mallus

Legend
DocMoriartty said:
What do we need to add Bob the engineering ensign who frequently cruises 10 Forward for a new piece of you know what? :rolleyes:

About as much as we needed Kirk kissing Uhuru.

Its what Star Trek was all about. Even though it was pretty cowardly to have the kiss come about through telepathic coercion.

[Dr. Emilio Lizardo]Cowards![/Dr. Emilio Lizardo]

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hang on while I find the links...

*Edit* Man, was I way off. I think I read another thread that said there was a convention somewhere this weekend and confuised it with this one-

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52423

But, anyway, Shorecon is the con, and August is when it is. My bad.

I probably mentioned this before, but I was born in NE Philly and my Grandma lived (until she passed) up on Hegerman Street. I've got some relatives in Cherry Hill, and my brother Steve moved back out to Philly a few years ago (and lives there now). I may have to use that as an excuse to get out there to Shorecon this year, or maybe next one after.

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
Mark said:

But, anyway, Shorecon is the con, and August is when it is. My bad.

Aha... confusion lifting...

I have to house-sit for my Mom sometime around then, but I'm going to try and make at least one day of Shorecon, with as many of my gamer friends in tow as possible.

If you're in town and you're looking for a bar with good food and an unusual concentration of gamers, Trekkies, comic book afficianados, Pokemon fanatics {yes, who are well above the legal drinking age} and one of the cities most kick-ass bartenders {who is going to be an NPC in our upcoming D20 Modern game...}, drop me a line {hint: its Tritone on South Street between 15th and 16th}.

Whereabouts in Philly does your brother live? I'm in Center City --well, Off-Center City... by the Graduate Hospital.

Mark

Steve's a few blocks west of Franklin Square on Callowhill. If I get the chance to get out there, I'll definitely drop you an Email prior to doing so. That sounds like a absolute must-see bar. :D

Of course, the same goes for you if you ever make it to Chicago. I've shown a number of EN Worlders around here when they've been in town and the invitation is always open.

Mallus

Legend
Mark said:
That sounds like a absolute must-see bar. :D

Of course, the same goes for you if you ever make it to Chicago. I've shown a number of EN Worlders around here when they've been in town and the invitation is always open.

Thanks muchly for the offer to play tour guide... my girlfriend and I are planning a little trip this summer, but we probably won't make it past Manhattan...

But she would love to see the Art Institute.... hmmm.... {she's the art and music geek, I'm the Lit and umm, geek-geek}

Mark

Mallus said:
Thanks muchly for the offer to play tour guide... my girlfriend and I are planning a little trip this summer, but we probably won't make it past Manhattan...

But she would love to see the Art Institute.... hmmm.... {she's the art and music geek, I'm the Lit and umm, geek-geek}

Wait til the fall, incorporate a Tuesday into the trip, and the museums are all free... ;)

Chimera

First Post
Ok, I realize that I'm way too late with this thread, but here is my top 10 list;

10. The repetitive scripts. Get some new plots already.

9. Just how many times can two people be trapped/lost/crashed/traveling/whatever in a shuttle? Wouldn't an anti-'two-people in a shuttle' directive have to be put into effect?

8. Back in the 60's they pushed the limits of socially acceptable TV. Now they conform to PC standards. Resistance is Futile!

7. The same stories over and over.

6. At the end of the episode, nothing will have changed.

5. The Federation is always right. Humans are always right. The PC way is the Universal Way. Resistance is Futile!

4. Reverse Polarity! Bypass the Main Deflectors! Eject the Warpcore!

3. Captain, we have successfully neutered...er, I mean "neutralized" the latest Villain.

2. No character is allowed to be in a relationship which will prevent them from being in the Plot-Driven-Alien-relationship-of-the-Week. (See #6 for resolution)

1. Have I mentioned something about the similarity of the plots and scripts?

Remove ads