• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]Blackout -- how long were you without power?

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
This applies, of course, to those of us who actually lost power:

Mine went out around 4:10 PM on Thursday, and went back on at 7:50 AM on Friday morning.

I live in the suburbs of NYC, a little town called Hastings.

Oaken25

First Post
About ten hours. Ours was strange, we didnt lost it till 5:30 that night, about an hour later then the rest of the places around us. We figured that we were on the mall's generator for a extra hour before that died also.

Sam

First Post
I live on Long Island, in Nassau County. Our power came back about 2:15PM. My office (3rd & 55th st, Manhattan) came back on line about 2:30.

There's still alot of people without it though.

Gregor

First Post
I just got power back in my place in Toronto....time right now is 6:24 PM EST Friday. It was one rough day being stuck downtown yesterday in my office building....in an elevator....when the power went down.

Best of luck to everyone, I hope power returns to you soon!

Cheers

BobROE

Explorer
It was at my place in Toronto from 4:15 to 1:20 in the morning then it went out again at 7:30am, and came on again at about 1pm.

am181d

Adventurer
I was at work in Manhattan when the power went out. Everybody was kind of freaking out ala 9/11. Especially when word came that the blackout extended to Detroit and Canada.

Went home to my apartment in Spanish Harlem. Traffic lights were all out. Random people took it upon themselves to direct traffic at major intersections.

Got home. Huddled with some friends around a battery powered radio. Drank on the rooftop. (Think it's the first time I could actually see the stars over the city.) Sirens all night. Crashed sometime around 2.

No power this morning. Went to work, cause I heard they had power on the west side. 4 people showed up. Left. Drank more. Came back home again.

Still no power. Played Stratego. Lost repeatedly. Eventually, around 6 pm, I heard wild cheering from the streets, and sure enough every clock in the apartment is flashing 12:00.

I think there are still places without power. Overall, everyone's been mad chill. New Yorkers have come along way since the looting, etc. back in '77.

--Drew Melbourne

Last edited:

Seule

Explorer
We lost power at 4:10 like everyone else, and it came back at 3:25 PM Friday. That's 23 3/4 hours. Interestingly, it came back partway through the D&D session I was running. As none of my players could go to work, and we had no guarantee of lights for the evening, the session was rescheduled from the evening to the afternoon.

--Seule

Siridar

First Post
Power went out around 4:10. 4:15. Noticed the lights flicker a few minutes prior. Power came back at about 3:30 this morning.

I hung out at my office until 10:30p, bs'ed with some workmates, ate food and drank water. Went to the bathroom a few times, drank some wine, then took the elevator down to the lobby, walked out to the bus stop and got on the first express home. It was cool, I even got a seat.

I actually had fun yesterday. Go figure. Patience is a virtue. I simply outlasted the crowds.

Remove ads