OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

Neowolf

First Post
Not sure if this is quite what you're talking about, but my musical tastes lean in that direction.

Here's just a few of my favorite bands:

Slipknot
Godsmack
Korn
Static-X

Sure, it's a bit more mainstream than what a lot of you guys listen to, but it's good stuff nonetheless. :D

Apok

First Post
Well, I'm certainly not as into Death Metal as much as I was, but I still enjoy listening to the following bands:

Morbid Angel; all their albums until Dave Vincent left, excepting Altar of Madness which I didn't care for

Dimmu Borgir

Carcass

Death; specifically, Leprosy, Human, Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic

My Dying Bride

Entombed; Wolverine Blues, baby

Cannibal Corpse; all albums until Chris Barnes left

Amorphis

That about sums up my current Death Metal listenings.

KChagga

First Post
Wow, you said blackmetal and I have yet to see anyone post
Cradle of Filth- I particularly like Cruelty and the Beast and the EP From the Cradle to Enslave

Have you ever heard of Midvinter? I have a couple tracks by them hiding somewhere.

Six Feet Under is a not too bad metal band.

Try to find old Therion not too bad either. Just make sure its the old cds not the new crap.

Jamdin

Explorer
Speaking of Godsmack, the first song on the soundtrack for "The Scorpion King" is their "I Stand Alone". I only got it for the Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne team-up on "Iron Head". I love Helloween, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Rob Zombie, Ozzy and Alice Cooper among others.

Lothaire

First Post
I second Cradle of Filth, let me also toss in Dimmu Borgir, My Dying Bride, Marduk, and Amorphis.

If you want to check out some good stuff that isn't Black / Death per say but is still very Metal may I suggest

Moonspell and La Cuna Coil (Goth Metal)
Rammstein (German Industrial Metal)
And some industrial stuff like KMFDM, Wumpscut, and Das Ich.

Bauhaus is worth a listen by anyone into extreme music, not everyones cup of tea, but a very important band history-wise.

And some general hard music suggestions - Tool, Sepultura, Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down, Apocalyptica,

Neowolf

First Post
Jamdin said:
Speaking of Godsmack, the first song on the soundtrack for "The Scorpion King" is their "I Stand Alone". I only got it for the Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne team-up on "Iron Head". I love Helloween, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Rob Zombie, Ozzy and Alice Cooper among others.

You know, as much as I love Godsmack, I'm not all that impressed with "I Stand Alone"...it's an alright song on its own, but it sounds a lot like every other song of theirs to me. I can't help but worry when one of my favorite bands seems to be making the same song over and over... :(

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Neowolf said:
Not sure if this is quite what you're talking about, but my musical tastes lean in that direction.

Here's just a few of my favorite bands:

Slipknot
Godsmack
Korn
Static-X

Sure, it's a bit more mainstream than what a lot of you guys listen to, but it's good stuff nonetheless. :D

Ugh! We are talking extreme metal here! No offense. ;)

runic

First Post
I am into alot of death and black metal myself and like some strange gothic? stuff.

I second The Union Underground way cool but more metal with a industrial edge.
Also I like,

Pantera (any)
Slayer up till Divine Intervention
Samael especialy Blood Ritual and Ceremony of the Oppsoities

Also Sepultrua, VoiVod, Death, Candlemass, Wrath , Mortuary, Paradise Lost, Venom, Kreator, Destruction, Wargasm, King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, Fates Warning, Strip Mind, Singery, Heathen. Skyclad, Coroner, Morbid Angel, Testament, Trouble, Annihilator, Atrophy, Angel Witch, Bathory, Overkill, Witchfinder General, and Cerebel Fix.
I could probably name morebut my albums are at my brothers right now. of course my first undergorund maetal concert was in a bar in 1984 and was Metallica's Ride the Lightning tour with Armored Saint and Wasp. My first speed was Overkill with Nuclear Assualt, jeez I am showing my years.

Last edited:

Apok

First Post
Lothaire said:

If you want to check out some good stuff that isn't Black / Death per say but is still very Metal may I suggest

Moonspell

*smacks self on head*

DOH!!! How could I have forgotten about Moonspell? Excellent band, excellent. Dig the lead singer's voice, which reminds me a bit of Peter Steel's (from Type O Negative).

Neowulf
As much as I love Slipknot, I cannot consider them to be Death/Black metal. Excellent band, though.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
The Dixie Chicks and/or Leann Rimes.

Sorry, but this thread was taking itself far to seriously.

On the other hand, I'm getting a slight impression that naming a band The Poop Bubbles realy isn't all that wierd. :)

Oh, and this is giving me some ideas for my next bard PC, who will have invented the first voice distorter ever in D&D. :D

Remove ads