OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

Wild Karrde

First Post
As far as death metal I really dig Morbid Angel, Six Feet Under, Boltthrower and Entombed.

As far as other metal I dig Slayer, Pantera, And any/all Danzig (including Misfits and samhain).

Minos Fett

First Post
Well.... My faforites: Barahtrum
Sentenced
Silentium
Slipknot
Korn
Metallica(old songs)
Ramstein
Children Of Bodom
Etc.......

I like listening all kind of musick nut there is no greater then HEAVY!!!!

PS: Rhapsody rules too....

Ace

Adventurer
Flexor the Mighty! said:

Ugh! We are talking extreme metal here! No offense. ;)

Too heavy for me too. Have you tried Dragonheart or Blind Guardian?

Fantasy metal and very cool. I think they can be tried on MP3.com
'

Storminator

First Post
Hey! How 'bout some techinical reviews for aging metalheads? Do any of these bands have guitar that stacks up against say, Megadeth's early work? If so, which ones.

I find I miss the lightning guitar that seems to have faded from fashion, and I'm tired of listening to riffs I have memorized beginning to end.

Randolph Carter

First Post
NotOriginally posted by Apok
The Dixie Chicks and/or Leann Rimes.

Sorry, but this thread was taking itself far to seriously.

Too seriously? Are you serious? Wasn't it around here that I read "Heavy Metal is the totality of existance?" Never too serious..., albeit at times, tongue in cheek.

I'm glad to see this thread as I've been somewhat out of touch recently and don't know what is what. I used to know what was what. I remember the "record" store on University Ave. a half block from the UC Berkeley campus where I picked up my first Venom record. Just released, it was on display behind the counter on the wall in it's loose shrinkwrap. "Could I see that record? The one with the goat and pentegram on the cover? Yeah. That's the one." Got my first and last (You're an) Angel Witch record there, and Demon too. If you can find the first two Demon records, they're good, even if they do lean a bit towards the epic metal sound.

Tyranny,
PTL

NiTessine

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:
especially with you scandinavian guys out there, there would be some fans of extreme music.

:D Somehow, this comment strikes me as immensely funny.
Maybe it is because when it comes to music, I am stuck in the 1700-1800s, and can barely stand anything not composed for a symphony orchestra, and preferably a couple of opera singers. :cool:

Storminator

First Post
Re: Re: OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

NiTessine said:

:D Somehow, this comment strikes me as immensely funny.
Maybe it is because when it comes to music, I am stuck in the 1700-1800s, and can barely stand anything not composed for a symphony orchestra, and preferably a couple of opera singers. :cool:

You should check out the Metallica with the San Francisco Orchestra. It's pretty amazingly cool.

PS

NiTessine

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

Storminator said:

You should check out the Metallica with the San Francisco Orchestra. It's pretty amazingly cool.

PS

If it's anything like Metallica played with four cellos, I think I'll pass.

Kamard

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Death Metal & Black Metal

NiTessine said:

If it's anything like Metallica played with four cellos, I think I'll pass.

I love Apocalyptica! :-D

You know what I'm glad we've grown out of? Using the gosh danged riff to inna godda davida. Bands: Its a bad riff. Don't use it.

Remove ads