(OT) My aunt died today

hong

WotC's bitch
D00d, that sucks. We Austrians must stick together in these sad times. I'll down a tinny of VB (REAL Austrian beer, not that Foster's stuff we unload on unsuspecting poms) in her memory.

John Crichton

First Post
Darkness said:
My mother is very sad now; the woman who died today was the sibling of hers she was closest to. :(

As for myself.... I loved my aunt very, very much and this is just... Well... :( :( :(

Combined with my own health problems over the last couple months, I've hit rock bottom now.
My most heartfelt condolences go out to you, good sir.

I and many here, I am sure, can relate. I will light a candle for your family's loss.

Deadguy

First Post
I am truly sorry for you - these haven't been good times for you recently. I hope that you and your mother can help each other through this difficult time.

I unexpectedly lost a good friend of mine last year, and it hit me hard. But when I talked it over with the priest who handled the funeral, we agreed that whatever your beliefs, so long as those who knew and loved the deceased can still remember her and talk of her, then she isn't really gone.

Take care of yourself. And you've made a good start by sharing your grief with friends here. Sharing, not bottling things up, is the start of coming to terms with pain.

Sorry to hear that. Losing loved ones is always hard but generally there is a reason for it...even if we don't understand it at the time.:(

William Ronald

Explorer
My condolences, Florian.

I have lost a few people close to me over the years, including my father. One thing that may help you is to remember that your aunt was loved. May her memory be a source of strength and comfort for you and your family.

Peace.

Remove ads