• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Ohio Renaissance Festival!

DaveStebbins

First Post
Friends and I go to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire every summer. Last year we also made the trip for the Ohio Renaissance Faire. Enjoyed them both, the Ohio Ren Faire is on a much larger and nicer lot but wasn't superior enough to justify the travel expenses. GLMF is only an hour away and just about as good. We saw some of the same acts at both. Both are HIGHLY recommended.

-Dave

IamTheTest

First Post
I went last year after I got back from Bolivia...funny, the only part I really remember was the turkey leg. I think it may have been a +2 turkey leg because it overcame my DR. Its a fun time regardless.

Old Tinker

First Post
have gone for many years

hello everyone, i've signed on due to the fact of renaissance festivals.
and today its Ohio Ren. Fest., we've(me lady and i) gone to the fest in harveysburg, ohio for about 10 years now. no one has mentioned the Queen, she does an outstanding job. no matter whom you are, she's able to make you feel like its in the 1500's.
also nobody has explained the best part of a ren. fest. to us is, putting on the garb and interacting with the patrons and cast. it can be a real blast if you get the right mindset.
we normally set on the hill(in the sun hopefully), and enjoy life.
we plan on attending OHRF in a couple of weeks(Sept. 30th & Oct.1st). we've aready visited OHRF over labor day weekend when they first opened the gates for the season.
then we'll go the last weekend of the season- Oct.21st & 22nd.
we always have a great time, food, drink, and enjoyment is a must if you visit the OHRF.
just a note that kentucky has a hioghland festival earlier in the year- june,july. it was there first year, and they did real well. if interested just search for either fest. theres site for both.
may good fortune follow all
travel safe,travel far
take all you can,give nothing back... de Old Tinker

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I'll chime in with the rest and say it's a fun day and well worth the admission and tips.

If you're looking to shop, be ready for some sticker shock.
Especially if you're cheap like me.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Also currently running is the Kansas City Renaissance Festival....where I perform as Giacamo Casanova (yes, yes -- technically about 100 years out of date....but hell, we've got caribbean pirates, too...and faeries, so nobody really complains.). :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads