(OT) snow snow snow snow snow

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To back up Mr. Noah, I checked NOAA:

"Blizzard Warning: Issued for sustained or gusty winds of 35 mph or more, and falling or blowing snow creating visibilities at or below ¼ mile; these conditions should persist for at least three hours."

Holy Bovine

First Post
A2Z said:
That would be cool! We could have a Windsor get together. It'd you and... me. :D Maybe we could invite the Londoners and Detroiters. :)

Hey that would be cool - you know I'd be up for it (and at least 2 of my gaming group - Madriel and Kwalish Kid on these boards). We're all from London.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Your silly metric system is based off boring things like the distance from the north pole to the equator of the Earth, and the freezing point of water.

Our noble English system is based off awesome things like the distance from the heel to the toe of an Emperor, and the freezing point of blood.

We'll never give in!
Daniel

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Holy Bovine said:

Hey that would be cool - you know I'd be up for it (and at least 2 of my gaming group - Madriel and Kwalish Kid on these boards). We're all from London.

Hmmm hey, my sorta-maybe-kinda-not gf (don't ask, I don't know myself) is going to Western... all of a sudden I have even more reason to go visit London :)

*weather update*

the snow has stopped for now, the roads are being cleared as we speak. Looks like I"ll be able to get to game tomorrow :)

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
it's kinda funny.....

Pielorinho said:
Our noble English system is based off awesome things like the distance from the heel to the toe of an Emperor, and the freezing point of blood.

Americans tend to reject everything British. They violently threw the British out of the United States.

Yet they insist on keeping the Imperial system, which even the British have dropped in favour of the Metric system.

Bloody Yanks! :D

Lazybones

Adventurer
You know, it actually snowed here in Sacramento the other day (first time in years, I believe). Even though it only lasted half an hour, and none of it "stuck", people in my building were running around like it was the fourth Sign of the Apocolypse.

Sorry to rub it in, you guys in the NE/MW! If it's any consolation, we've got earthquakes!

Lazybones

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
I gotta agree with the Weather Bureau. Like any weather, its not really a storm without high winds. Lots of snow with no wind = pretty. Any snow + lots of wind = vicious killing weather.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
feet... yards... mph... Farenheit degrees....

Why, in the name of coherency and easiness, why do you keep using these silly Imperial system?!?

The Metric System. A system to rule all of them, a system to bind them and take them to the easiness.

When you will realize resistence is futile?

Senor Horacio,

Logistics! Oh, my goodness, the logistics! The logistics of switching the United States to metric would be … staggering (un trabajo muy grande, mas grande que … pues, no se, pero muy, muy grande – despensame, pero no puede escribir los acentos con este computador, y tambien, pienso que mi Espanol es povre). It might be easier to just start teaching kids in U.S. schools how to do conversions in their head – we need to get better at math as a nation anyway (or at least, I do). Anyway, that might not be a bad skill to have, but converting the U.S. as a whole to metric … whoa …

And I found the following very hilarious:
Your silly metric system is based off boring things like the distance from the north pole to the equator of the Earth, and the freezing point of water.

We'll never give in!
Daniel

Enjoy the snow!

Warrior Poet

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Warrior Poet said:

Logistics! Oh, my goodness, the logistics! The logistics of switching the United States to metric would be … staggering (un trabajo muy grande, mas grande que … pues, no se, pero muy, muy grande – despensame, pero no puede escribir los acentos con este computador, y tambien, pienso que mi Espanol es povre). It might be easier to just start teaching kids in U.S. schools how to do conversions in their head – we need to get better at math as a nation anyway (or at least, I do). Anyway, that might not be a bad skill to have, but converting the U.S. as a whole to metric … whoa …

Indeed, the logistics would be staggering, but no less than when the rest of the world switched to metric.

Besides, can you think of a better way to get the economy out of the current recession? All the money that would have to be spent printing text books, redoing architectural drawings, making conversion calculators and what not, no more recession!

Remove ads