(OT) snow snow snow snow snow

Warrior Poet

Explorer
get the economy out of the current recession?

Hmmm ... I hadn't thought of that ... the Great U.S. Metric Conversion and Its Effect on the Economy (possible future 6th grade history textbook chapter sub heading) ...

Warrior Poet

Terraism

Explorer
I can tell you one thing - after having to call off all my plans for the evening 'due to the weather,' (I look outside right now and note that it hasn't snowed in several hours... and when it did, it wasn't that bad; ) it better start up again soon. They will cancel school tomorrow, darnit - I'm getting some recompense out of this! :mad:
[Edit - it turned things into smilies...]

Last edited:

We had enough snow here to close school for a day, so I'm happy about that! As for the metric system thing...gawd, that would be bad--very few people here in the U.S. would have a sense of what a metric unit "feels" like. Not to mention what we'd have to do to road signs and speedometers--what would prevent someone from using the big numbers that are mph instead of kph. I had other interesting things to say, but I forgot...

Welverin

First Post
Logistics of changing to the metric system

I don't think it would be all that bad. If things are changed over a decade myabe two.
It's easy to learn, which you have to do in school any way (good thing to since I don't understand the Imperial system). The only reason we haven't done it yet is because old people don't want to be bothered learning something new and thus the government hasn't forced it through. Seeing as how we still have daylight savings time around it's no surprise the metric system is still around

Forgot to mention the snow/freezing rain. We got a little snow to start the day off, for a nice little coating but it ended up changing to freezing rain, which is more annoying in my opinion.

Last edited:

Remove ads