[ot] spotting gamers

DerianCypher

First Post
I just got an idea! I will carry a d20 around and if I see someone who looks like a gamer.. I will throw it DIRECTLY AT THEIR HEAD! If it hits them and they say, "Critical hit!" I'll know they are a gamer! If it misses they'll say something like "Miss!" and I'll know they are a gamer. If the proceed t chase me down and try to beat the living daylights out of me, I'll know they are most definatly not a gamer :D :D :D

Angcuru

First Post
Trip them, if they fall, say "Dude, you failed you reflex save!"

People will either nod their heads in acknowledgement, or think that your using some of them big words that smart people throw around. Can't miss!:D

Angcuru

First Post
pennywiz said:

Yeah, cause people always drop 'methinks' into casual conversation. :D

Did I say that I was talking as I would in casual conversation? This is a discussion/argument between gamers. Slight silliness is allowed.:)

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
pennywiz said:

Methinks you doth protest too much. :D
Thou ;)

The people in my corridor were outright surprised and somewhat shocked when I told them I was a gamer. There had been a geek among them on their nights of clubbing! Gaaaargh! The social ramifications!

They now tease me with it. It's going to be fine... there is a nice sword shop in Brighton...

DerianCypher said:
So, I have come to enworld to announce that a secret hand gesture must be created! We already have a secret bumper sticker, a hand gesture is the logical next step!:D

Who will devote their valuable time and energy in creating this complex and secret hand gesture?

Trogdor T-shirt.

joe b.

Dispater

Explorer
Ravellion said:
Thou ;)

They now tease me with it. It's going to be fine... there is a nice sword shop in Brighton...

What's this thing with gamers and swords? I'm getting seriously nervous about meeting one of you guys...

Aeolius

Adventurer
Dispater said:

What's this thing with gamers and swords?

I'm still trying to find a decent trident myself.

Me, I'm that 30-something gamer who walks into his LGS wearing slacks and a golf shirt (lunch break from work). Yet, as you hear me practicing kou-toan under my breath or giggling as I pass "Summer Fun Cthulhu", you sense something is not as it appears. As I drive away, drinking coffee in 80 degree weather while listening to new age music, your suspicions are confirmed. :D

Usually on Saturday's I wear my d20 s#@t shirt or the NPC shirt. You'd be surprised at how many people chuckle and tell me how great the shirt is. They obviously know about D&D....

Remove ads