(ot) Toronto Get Together!

Turlogh

Explorer
I'm from London but there's little chance I could get to Toronto (work weekends, lack of funds, no car). But a London gathering would be a different thing.:cool:
Hope you Torontonians have a great time:D

Last edited:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Well, I know there are a few other people from the area still unacounted for, but do we want to start thinking about where to meet and where to go for dinner?

Acmite

First Post
The only area of Toronto that I know even slightly is the Eaton Centre-King Street-Queen Street-Bloor-etc downtown area.

Having said that, as long as we decide to go somewhere in core-Toronto, I'm sure I'll find a way there.

My g/f is not a gamer, so I doubt she'd come. But I might be able to convince her to give me a ride there! And Cor Azer too, if he wants to come.

So, what I'm saying is: I don't know Toronto well enough to suggest Restaurants, but somewhere close to the con would be nice since that's where Ashtal will be, and I'll probably want to go as well.

Acmite

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Close to the hotel is good.

You know, when flipping through my Toronto travel guide, I came across a pub called, "The Great Queen Bee" or somesuch. It's actually a pub that was originally in England and transported, piece by piece, to Toronto.

I mean, wherever we go, it's gotta be funky, right!?! :D

A2Z

Explorer
thatdarncat said:
Kwalish Kid - You guys need to get a London Get together going :p there's enough of you.

This is a really good idea! It's much easier for me to get to London than Toronto.

Moulin Rogue

First Post
I don't know if I'll be around that weekend or not; I won't be going to the con but I might make a dinner.... but even then it would have to be a restaurant, I can't get into any drinking establishments. Eh.... but don't try too hard to accomodate me if I still don't know if I'll make it or not. If I'm really the closest to Toronto I could easily ask about places in the area though.

Jabba Von Hutt

First Post
Man the boards are slow! I work in the core and live in Mississauga, I should be able to make it for the weekend of the 8th. I probably could also make some suggestions for restaurants, but I would like to have an idea of what peoples likes and dislikes are?

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
A2Z - heh, doesn't mean we don't want to see you guys in TO if you can make :)

Jabba - I noticed :( SLOOOOWWWWWW

hmmm likes.... Pasta :)

Moulin and Jabba - What's good in the area? as long as it's not something too unusual, I should be fine.

We can always head off to the pub after dinner?

Ashtal - sounds like a place for us :D

ascendance

First Post
I could probably find a recommendation for any kind of cuisine people like. Or non-cuisine, as the case might be. I'm also willing to make reservations. Also, a price range might be a good idea.

Remove ads