(ot) Toronto Get Together!

Acmite

First Post
I've eaten at the Pickle Barrel (top floor Eaton Centre, by Indigo books, right?) a couple of times, and the food's not bad. But, it does get pretty busy (esp. on weekends), and it is pretty noisy.

Finding a table/tables for a large group might be tough.

Any other suggestions? I'm planning on taking a gander at the Con (never had the pleasure before), so close to the Con would be nice.

Kannik

Hero
I'm originally from the GTA, but...

Well, I'm orignally from near Toronto, but about 5000km away right now... still, I'd vote for a get-together. }:)

Kannik

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Sorry, back now

Ugh, some days work sucks, some days work just won't let go.

Back now :)

Do we want to do a sit down type dinner or do we want to do a pub type dinner?

Acmite

First Post
I'm up for either a sit-down dinner, or a pub-style dinner. I can see major advantages to both.

I think the deciding factor will be who comes. If we have some minors show up, a pub-style dinner would be inappropriate (but we could always go to a pub later in the evening). If no minors show, I can still see going to a sit-down place first, and a pub afterwards.

**Bump** for the weekend crowd

Ashtal, maybe you could abuse some of your power and make this a sticky thread? Ya, I didn't think so. :( :D

zyzzyr

First Post
Also in Toronto

Hello,

I am also a Torontonian and am interested in meeting a few other Toronto gamers.

If you're still looking for a place, there's a place called "Sci-Fi Cafe" next to "Sci-Fi World" on the corner of Steeles & Dufferin (northern edge of North York). It's got burger/fries, wraps (buffalo chicken wrap is fantastic), wings, rings, etc. It's also fully licensed, but not sure if they sell anything but beer. The restaurant seats about 40 - 50, but I've only seen it more than 1/4 full on convention days.

It's a sci-fi/fantasy themed restaurant and has mockups of Xena, Indiana Jones, a MechWarrior, and a giant red dragon. It's also got a big screen television (where I watch Enterprise on Wednesdays). Lots of paintings/prints on the wall from your favourite fantasy series.

The store attached to it is a sci-fi/fantasy hobby/rpg shop, and is where I get all my 3E stuff (though I have seen a larger d20 collection in a few other places, but only a few). They're a pretty good size, and are fairly reasonably priced. They also have a few tables set up upstairs for gaming.

No, I don't work there either. I do frequent the place several times a month, and was just thinking that maybe a "geek-friendly" place might be a suitable location.

Cheers,

Johnathon

Cor Azer

First Post
I agree with Acmite that the style of the dinner really depends on the who and the how many.

I suppose people should start chiming in if they're minors in Ontario (19, I think), so we know that demographic.

For the record, I'm not a minor, although I do enjoy juvenile humor now and then...

Remove ads