• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Warren Zevon moves on

Wombat

First Post
From "Carmelita" to "Disorder in the House", here's to The Excitable Boy, to Mr. Bad Example, to one helluva showman, to an uncompromising human being.

Slainte!

Shadowdancer

First Post
:(

His hair was perfect.

RIP Warren. I'm glad you got to live long enough to see your grandsons born.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money.
The $&@# has hit the fan."

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's thompson gun...and bought it.

Accidently like a martyr, the hurt gets worse and the heart gets harder.:(

Warrior Poet

Explorer
"The sound of the front door closing forever ..."

Finally got to sleep ...

Warren, thanks for your time, for all the great music. Sorry to see you go.

"We contemplate eternity,
Beneath the vast indifference of heaven."

:(

Warrior Poet

I'd like to meet his tailor.

We'll miss you buddy.

EDIT: Anyone catch Letterman last night? He did a very nice tribute to Warren, and talked about him all night. It's so jarring to see Dave be sincere, and I could tell he was really upset about it. Anyone know if CBS will rerun the special episode from last year that he devoted to Zevon? I missed it at the time.

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Anyone catch Letterman last night? He did a very nice tribute to Warren, and talked about him all night. It's so jarring to see Dave be sincere, and I could tell he was really upset about it. Anyone know if CBS will rerun the special episode from last year that he devoted to Zevon? I missed it at the time.

David Letterman was specifically thanked on this last album -- the two of them have been buddies for years.

Keep me in your heart for a while...

Vanye

Explorer
Wombat said:
David Letterman was specifically thanked on this last album -- the two of them have been buddies for years.

David did backup vocals on one of Warren's albumns. Don't recall which one, though...

Remove ads