[OT] What are you listening to?

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I have listened to the new Manowar, Warriors of the World, about 10 times in the last week. It is great, if not unusual, for Manowar. Hey Dr. Midnight, don't you think Hand of Doom has one of the greatest lines ever?

Nothing will remain,
Not their memory or name,
It will be as though they never, ever lived.

That and alot of Deep Purple, Dio, and Scorpions, because we saw them in concert a couple of weeks ago. Great show in case anyone is interested. Ian Gillan wore all white, with rolled up pant legs, and bare feet. Did he become a buddhist, or something?

Last edited:

yongi

First Post
wilco's "newest" album, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, has remained on nearly constant play for me for almost a month. Check it out sometime. It's brilliant.

When I'm not lost in that beautiful mess, it's Tom Waits, Joe Strummer, and Horace Silver.

-y-

VoodooGroves

First Post
Tori Amos and Strange Little Girls is currently playing. Pretty cool, all covers including one by Slayer. Word is, the guys from Slayer thought it was pretty damn cool she's covering one of their songs and sent her a T-shirt - one of those too-tight-for-a-6-year-old-so-cram-your-adult-body-into-it ones. I have to respect that...

Beyond that, I've been making a mix for my 3 year old which is a hoot. She likes things like "who let the dogs out" and other kids songs that are forgiveable. However, there are alot of other things she's picked up and sings because my wife or I play them. Current hit-list by Zoe (note that she doesn't really understand alot of these songs or really has a concept of who they are by....but likes them alot...she is 3 after all).

PJ Harvey - Down by the water
Public Enemy - Don't believe the hype
Police - Walking on the moon
Talking Heads - Psychokiller
Oasis - Wonderwall
Dead Milkmen - Swordfish

Wife and I are listening to the Lord of the Rings audio books in the evening, toying with getting some Terry Pratchett from Audible.com (because its cheaper than buying the GD cds). Its also read by Nigel Planar (who was Neal on the Young Ones) if anyone besides my wife and I watched that show...

VoodooGroves

First Post
Speaking of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, just borried a copy of Uncle Tupelo's "No Depression" from a friend, planning on hitting that after "Strange Little Girls"

Quickbeam

Explorer
The sound of my fingers striking the keyboard and the soft hum of the building's AC unit overhead. No music for me today, just work and a brief visit to the Boards :).

yongi

First Post
Voodoo: No Depression is quite nice. If you dig it, be sure to check out Uncle Tupelo's "Anodyne" as well. That's the stuff.

javapadawan

First Post
Video game soundtracks (Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Soul Reaver) and the Lord of the Rings soundtrack for when I'm deep into code and don't want any lyrics distracting me, otherwise mainly Tool, System of a Down, and Sevendust.

Numion

First Post
Lately I've been listening to The Eminem Show, which is pretty good and the guy seems to get better each album.

My MP3 collection is quite varied. Dr. Dre, Eazy-E and Guns'N'Roses are all well represented. I've also got lot's of pop music that I've just DL:ed when I've heard it on the radio.

Office work rules, if the place is relaxed enough. Mine is ;)

Remove ads