First Post
The current rotation, approximately:

I, Mother Earth - Dig
Alison Krauss & Union Station - New Favorite
Lucy Kaplansky - Ten Year Night
Eddie From Ohio - Looking Out the Fishbowl
Avril Lavigne - Let Go
Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'

And a bunch of Anti-Flag mp3s, I think I'm gonna go buy Underground Network next time I get to a music store.

I'm glad I ran across Ms. Lavigne the other day flipping channels- rock seemed to be dead, all I was buying recently was folk music and occasional old-school punk.

Terraism

Explorer
A little bit of Counting Crows, and a smattering of other 'modern' music, but mostly it's older stuff - Cat Stevens, James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel, the Righteous Brothers... :) There's some good stuff there! ;)

Theron

Explorer
As I type this, Industrial Monk's "Redemptor (Demi)" off of Prophecies is playing. When the track's over, I'm either switching to VNV Nation's Futureperfect or Messanine by Massive Attack.

BadMojo

First Post
Not listening to anything right this second, but lately...

Tom Waits - "Blood Money" & "Alice"

Ennio Morricone - score from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly"

"Nathaniel Merriweather Presents: Lovage..."

I've noticed that Tom Waits is a popular choice among the gaming set (both here and on rpg.net). Any theories?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
BadMojo said:
I've noticed that Tom Waits is a popular choice among the gaming set (both here and on rpg.net). Any theories?

I can ONLY speak for the one Tom Waits song I've heard, but my throw-in idea would be that his songs don't give full disclosure, and it's up to the listener to make things up? The song was... well... not even a song, really, but a sound of muffled tinkering and bumping, and a voice asking aloud "What's he building in there? All day, he's in there building... something. ...Just what can he be building in there?"

It really tweaked the part of my head that likes to fill in the blanks, or at least marvel about the possibilities.

Black Omega

First Post
Avril. Pink. Rammstein. Morning Musume. Mummy the Peepshow. I have a friend trying to get me into Iced Earth, but I've not had the time to check them out yet.

Remove ads