D&D 5E [Out of the Abyss]Magic item distribution?

Motorskills

Explorer
You know Green-Flame Blade while holding the mace, and you must attack with the mace if you use it. It uses your highest mental ability as its casting attribute, and deals an extra 1 fire damage to both the primary and secondary targets when used that way. If you simply use it as a mace without the cantrip, it still deals 1 extra fire damage to the target of the attack.

Nice, thanks!

Should this require attunement?

zaratan

First Post
this mace isn't even a +1 weapon, since don't give +1 in the attack roll, it's a common magic item, I wouldn't put attunement in that.

Motorskills

Explorer
this mace isn't even a +1 weapon, since don't give +1 in the attack roll, it's a common magic item, I wouldn't put attunement in that.

I probably won't be requiring attunement, but it's no longer quite the simple common weapon described in the book.

I like the idea of introducing the Green-Flame 'Blade' cantrip* to my party, and NeverLucky's proposed mechanics for that are straightforward and effective.

*since SCAG came out after OOTA

zaratan

First Post
I probably won't be requiring attunement, but it's no longer quite the simple common weapon described in the book.

I like the idea of introducing the Green-Flame 'Blade' cantrip* to my party, and NeverLucky's proposed mechanics for that are straightforward and effective.

*since SCAG came out after OOTA

Sorry, missed that part. If the user can cast GFB at-will, I would put attunement on it

Remove ads