• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Out of the Frying Pan... (d20 Star Wars)

Nephtys

First Post
Miran, feeling the strain of maintaining the illusion growing, leans back and prepares to let it drop. The illusory Jedi is is struck by a number of blaster hits, falls to the ground a seared mess of mangled flesh and fades out of existence.

(maintaining the illusion the current round only, then ceases concentration.)

Ka-Femi maintains his position with the clone troopers, moving as they move, continuing to try and offer defense to both himself and the troopers.

OOC: Total Defense again, continue to deflect as needed.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
My apologies all. Looks like I'll be NPCing two characters again this round. I wanted to give Melkor time to return, but I don't see that happening, so I'm setting up a vote in the OOC thread whether or not to replace him with Linnorm (assuming he is available). As for Captain Tagon, he has been around, but I'm not sure if he is capable of posting much. I will be posting the next round either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Just as the ground battle had begun to wind down, an air battle was starting to ensue. Delta Six, after taking massive damage to his ship decides that directly engaging this fighter would probably cost him the ship and it's occupants. However that fighter was currently lining up the insurgents and soon would be firing on the troops below him. He hoped that the Jedi Master Lun Xan would be able to do something before that fighter got the chance.

Pushing the throttle forward, Delta Six moved the LAAT to help mop up the remaining droids on the ground. Laser fire erupted from all over the gunship, tearing into the ground around the droids, destroying one of them completely.

The Jedi-carrying Droid Starfighter ignores its rider and turns, blasting away at the soldiers on the ground, killing one of them in a cloud of crimson vapor and sending the rest in a blind panic towards the relative safety of the array's buildings. The Jedi on it takes advantage of this and slashes at the wings of the fighter, sending sparks flying and leaving a huge gash in one wing.

The Clone troopers on the ground hustled forward to surround the array's buildings, intending to flush out the remaining droid and the source of the precise shot that severely wounded one of them.

The Jedi Apprentice, Ka-Femi stayed behind, lightsaber held at the ready, watching the troopers advance. He gets a strange feeling in the Force however, as if something is watching them from far away.

The other Force Adept is nearly out of breath from concentrating on the Illusionary Jedi, she too gets a sense of strangeness as she watches from a distance the last droid run for cover.

Farther away, the spy droid slows down, ducking beneath a copse of trees to hide its movements and frantically searches for meaning in the data transmitted to it. Suddenly it picks up a transmission incoming. It is not a response to his query, but it is sent to something nearby.

Delta Six is almost startled when an image of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine appears on his holoreceiver. The sergeant below him is also similarly startled.

"All commanders, as of right now, the Jedi are enemies of the Republic. Execute Order 66. Kill the Jedi."

[sblock]

Delta Six(26, NPCd) chooses cruising speed so as to not overfly the droids and moves 50m forward then turns right 45 degrees. He then fires at one of the droids with the antipersonnel lasers on the ship. (Atk: 3+5 Delta Six, -4 size =4 vs. Def 13. Co-Pilot fires Comp. Wing Beams (Atk: 11 +6 Troop, -4 size, +4 fire control =17 vs. Def 13, Dmg: 11, 9WP remaining. Left Gunner fires Comp. Beam(Atk: 4 +6 =10 vs. Def 13) Right Gunner fires Comp. Beam(Atk: 14 +6 =20 vs. Def 13 Dmg: 14, Droid #2 Destroyed).

Droid Starfighter(25) chooses cruising speed and performs strafing run, moving 50 meters forward and turning left 45 degrees. Pilot: 2 +10 =12 vs. DC10. Pilot: 7 +10 =17 vs. DC17. Fires Laser Cannons at Insurgent (Atk: 9 +8, -2 range =15 vs. Def 11. Dmg: 32. Insurgent dies.

Callon(22, NPCd) runs forward 40 meters.

Ka-Femi(18) maintains Total Defense Action, making his Def 21 (22 vs. Blasters).

Miran(14) maintains Illusion of Jedi. Loses 5 VP for 3 VP remaining. Droid Will Saves 19-1=18 vs. DC 14. This does not matter as Miran then drops the illusion.

Raek(10, NPCd) fires at one of the Clonetroopers. (Atk: 18+5-4(fighting from cover)-4 (70m) =14 vs. Def 13, Dmg: 12 -5DR =7. Clone #1 has 3WP remaining.

Callon's Troops(9) continue the charge towards the array. Forward 40 meters.

DRK-1X(7) moves forward 16 meters with T10+22-5(moving) =27 Hide and T10+12-5(moving) =17 Move Silently. Total cover and concealment prevents any from detecting. Now 384 meters from Hangar. Computer result T10+14 =24 vs. DC20. You determine that the data you received is a series of numbers, a code of some sort. Apparently, the code needs an input from an outside source to complete the code sequence. This kind of code usually comes from a security channel.

Clonetroopers(7) advance towards the array. They hustle forward 16 meters. Note: I made a mistake earlier, the Clones only have a Spd of 8m because of their armor.

Lun Xan(6) maintains Enhance Ability +6 (7 rounds remaining). Balance check to remain on mobile Droid Starfighter. (Balance: Nat 20(30)+4 =34 vs. DC25). Uses lightsaber to attack the Starfighter. (Atk1: 5+15 =20 vs. Def 19, Atk2: Nat 19 Confirm: 15+10 =25 vs. Def 19, Atk3: 14+5 =19 vs. Def 19. All three hit. Total damage: 15-5DR+13+15-5DR =33. Starfighter has 52 Hull points remaining.

Super Battle Droid(2) moves 6 meters behind cover.

Round 6 actions....
[/sblock]

Attachments

• swmap.jpg
    swmap.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Not knowing what to make of the strange feeling that had suddenly overcome him, Ka-Femi hesitates and simply watches the troopers advance. He tries to shake off the unease and scans the battlefield, wondering if the force wasn't offering him some sort of intuition. He scans the whole area and if nothing out of place turns up, turns his attention back to the troopers surrounding the array and slowly begins to move towards them. He moves with purpose and caution, not taking anything for granted.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: You mean 1384 meters from Hangar. BTW, what is the height of the various buildings as well as the array's base?

Cognitive Processing
Datum: Data block incomplete.
Record holo-transmission in holo-buffer 4C.
Datum: the Jedi are now enemies of the Republic.
Proposition: Republic soldiers will attempt to kill the three Jedi on the battlefield.
Datum: Mistress Dofina remains unresponsive.
Proposition: Mistress Dofina is unable to reach hangar bay 17B
Emotive Node: Uncertainty 44.2%; Anxiety 25.9%; Frustration 18.6%; Excitement 11.3%
Algorithmic Node: Obeisance protocols apply. Must move immediately towards hangar bay 17B
at highest possible velocity (V=10.667 m./second).
Heuristic Node: Self-preservation protocols apply. Mistress Dofina's position and condition uncertain.
May risk unnecessary damage by entering hazardous area. (Safety index: inadequate data to calculate)
Algorithmic Node: Obeisance protocols take priority.
Heuristic Node: More data required.
Volition Threshold reached.
Revising flight plan.
Uploading directives to repulsorlift unit [X=-7.6m.,Y=+28.5m., Z=+0m., V=5.33m./second]
Awaiting reply (encrypted channel #782364B)

As a growing sense of uncertainty begins to overwhelm DRK-1X's heuristic processor, the small probe droid stealthily drifts towards the edge of the communications array while continuing to monitor its comlink. (double move action, 32 meters, Hide +22, Move Silently +12, taking 10) As the probe droid nears the corner of the array's base it takes cover amongst the branches of a tree and reorients its telescopic and infrared sensors to monitor the two battle-fronts (at the communications array and the command center) as best it can from its vantage point. (Spot +15, taking 10)

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
That's it! I've had it with this 'one' button.... Seriously though, yes 1384 meters. The buildings outside the actual array are 10 meters high. The array's base is barely 6 meters high. The antenna itself is well over 100 meters high.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Ah cool, so if I drift up about 8 or 9 meters I'll be able to see most of the air battle through the gap between the dish and its base.

Nephtys

First Post
Miran, exhausted and uncertain, stays back. Whatever the outcome of the battle above there really was little she could do in her current state. Better to wait and watch.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: I just realized that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's transmission is a holo-message. If it's not too much trouble, DRK-1X will record it with its own holorecorder for future reference.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads