• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Out of the Frying Pan... (d20 Star Wars)

maddmic

Explorer
Bol moves towards the station that overlooks the ship that they're trying to free. "Good job doc. Keep your blaster on them and if they move, fire away. Femi, might want to keep going after your buddy. I'm gonna try to shut this beam down so that once we find the captain, we can get out of here. You think that wookie can at least prep the ship once this beam is down?"

He then begins to work on the console and tries to figure out how to shut the beam down.

OOC:

Computer Use* +3 (1 rank, +2 Int)
If that doesn't work and he thinks that disable device might, then....
Disable Device +7 [10] (5 ranks, +2 Int, [+3 security kit])

Bobitron

Explorer
Tal steps back to the door they enetered through, taking a long moment to peer out and make sure they aren't being followed.

"Bol, if you can't get that control worked, take it out. Destruction almost always works in the holoficks!," he says with a grin.

Nodding to Femi, he gets ready to continue the chase after the wounded Jedi.

ooc: Is there another door blocking our progress?

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Will push forward as it's been a week and GM Femi for the moment.

Yes, there is a door blocking the path to where Kura went.

The Bothan works his fingers over the consoles and a telltale humming sound disappears, letting you know that the tractor beam has been powered down.

Between glances behind him and to the room he is in, Tal watches as the good doctor attempts to get some information out of the men on the floor.

They toss their weapons away, as instructed. The first patient Kesler sees has only a burn mark near his chest, but will live. He asks you to see to the one that Femi's blade had its way with. Going to him, you see that he is between consciousness and fading out. He is holding his hand, but it is not bleeding, the wound neatly cauterized by the heat of the plasma sword.

After attending to him, one of the others speaks up. "The Jedi said you were criminals that had tried to steal his ship. He said..." The man stops, staring blankly as if trying to remember something, but having a hard time doing it.

Femi looks at him, curious, but then heads to the door that Kura ran through.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Kesler frowns at the burnt stump where a hand was once attached. "One of you keep him awake, to make sure he doesn't go into shock. Otherwise he should be fine." He looks up at Femi after hearing the other man's explanation. "It looks like it was a good thing you held back, I'll bet he did one of those mind tricks." turning back to the man, he notices his blank stare. "Er yes? What else did he say?"

OOC: I'm not exactly clear on this, are they all going to live for now? Or have I only checked the two you've mentioned, if so Kesler will continue his work while he talks with the guy.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
"He's obviously been touched in the mind by that Jedi," Tal opines, jerking his thumb in the direction of their fleeing prey. "Stay put for a few and we'll chase him down!"

The mercenary follows the young Jedi out the door.

Femi opens the door Kura disappeared through and cautiously peers through the opening, trying to keep from being shot by blaster fire or skewered with a lightsaber. If he encounters no opposition immediately, he steps through the door, ignited saber still in his right hand.

maddmic

Explorer
Bol smiles as the beam fades away. He wipes his hands together and turns around with a satisfied grin on his face. He begins to speak as Tal and Femi disappear. "Well, that takes care of that....All....we....have....to"

He stops as he realizes nobody is really listening to him. Bol moves over to the door that the Jedi and Tal went through, but is careful to keep the doctor within eyesight. "Well doc, I sure hope those guys can find that captain of theirs. Otherwise, this is gonna be a real short break from jail."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
The damage from shock is more what is causing Kesler's patient to fade in and out than the actual damage from losing his hand. He is now unconscious, but stable. A trip to the med center would do him fine. Kesler continues his discussion as he sees to the other two men.

"You know I... I don't seem to recall everything he had said. He did seem very nervous though."

Tal and Femi burst through the door into what appears to be a holding room of some sort. There is a set of small cells, one with the door hanging open. Another door that leads to a set of stairs is open and the two of you can hear hurried steps going down them. Other than that, the room is empty save for a desk, a chair and a computer console.

Bobitron

Explorer
"I'll check the cell! Keep moving!"

Tal steps quickly to the closed cell, hoping for signs of the missing pilot.

ooc: Is there a window of some sort? If so I'll look inside, if not I'll go to the computer and see if it is obvious how to see what is inside or open the cell door.

Remove ads