• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

P2WF and Flurry of Blows

Omegaxicor

First Post
Two-Weapon Fighting feats give you a specific number of off-hand attacks but Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting says "a number of attacks equal to the number of attacks you have with you main hand" now does this grant another two attacks when using Flurry of Blows?

I know this is an epic level question, I don't think this works because Flurry doesn't specify "Main Hand Attack" but I was just curious if there was another answer

Dandu

First Post
Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting [Epic]
Prerequisites
Dex 25, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting.

Benefit
You can make as many attacks with your off-hand weapon as with your primary weapon, using the same base attack bonus. You still take the normal penalties for fighting with two weapons.

Normal
Without this feat, you can only get a single attack with an off-hand weapon (or two attacks with an off-hand weapon if you have Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, or three attacks with an off-hand weapon if you have Greater Two-Weapon Fighting).
First off, its says primary weapon, not main hand weapon - a handy distinction to keep in mind.

So you're a monk. And you use your Unarmed Strike. This is your primary weapon. You get 3 attacks with it normally, 5 when using Flurry of Blows. My current opinion, subject to change without warning, is that you can get 5 attacks with an off-hand weapon (say, an ax) if you were flurrying.

Last edited:

kitcik

Adventurer
First off, its says primary weapon, not main hand weapon - a handy distinction to keep in mind.

So you're a monk. And you use your Unarmed Strike. This is your primary weapon. You get 3 attacks with it normally, 5 when using Flurry of Blows. My current opinion, subject to change without warning, is that you can get 5 attacks with an off-hand weapon (say, an ax) if you were flurrying.

Let's make this interesting. What if you were a thri-kreen monk, had perfect multiweapon fighting, and also had your claw-claw-bite routine - what would your attack looks like at 20th level?

Omegaxicor

First Post
Can you not use your other hand/knee/elbow as the off-hand attack?

and the Thri-Kreen would be the same but doubled (real doubled not D&D doubled) so 15/15/15/10/5&15/15/15/10/5&15/15/15/10/5&15/15/15/10/5, if my calculations are correct (based entirely on Flurry and BAB not including any other modifiers)

EDIT: and yes I have played too little of D&D in recent weeks, I had forgotten that Primary and Secondary are the terms

Last edited:

Omegaxicor

First Post
yea, Unarmed Strike Right fist and Unarmed strike Left fist are two weapons (I know it gets murky when the Monk can use multiple body part but that's just so you can always dual wield even with a two handed weapon, though I don't think the Monk gets any besides the Quarterstaff which is a double weapon)

Dandu

First Post
Basically, your entire body is the weapon for "Unarmed Strike", so you cannot normally TWF with your Unarmed Strikes.

Do you follow?

Omegaxicor

First Post
I see, so instead of each part of your body being a separate Unarmed Strike YOU are an Unarmed Strike...I guess I was thinking that Unarmed Strike was a Natural weapon like Claws but not as sharp. I understand, thanks

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads