• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Painkiller Jane

sabres

First Post
Anybody happen to catch this on SciFi last weekend? I forgot all about it and will have to tape if/when it is on again. This was a favorite comic book of mine a while ago and I was wondering if it bears any relation to it or just uses the name.

DMH

First Post
I watched it, it is based on the comic and it is repeated tomorrow night. It played like a series pilot and I am unimpressed with the acting and all the powers she gets from her dunk.

sabres

First Post
In the comics, she was an undercover cop, IIRC, it's been a long time since I read them. According to the SciFi website, she is a commando. The comics was done by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti.

Dark Psion

First Post
It will be on again Thursday night.

The first half was OK, but then it turned into a soap opera with too many chiche characters;

Thief with a heart of gold
Mousey kid who doesn't speak, but comunicates great wisdom with Paper clip art.
Computer geek with no social skills.

I may have to watch again as I got "bored now" with the second half and forgot about it.

Skrit

First Post
Ugh... My friends and I have turned Saturday night into "Stupid Scifi movie night" we usually have a few laughs over most of them (Skeleton Man anyone??).

Anyway Painkiller Jane was a lot better then I thought is was going to be. Still that doesn't say much since most of the acting was ... well lets just say not so good.

It also seemed like Scifi was trying to get a Television Series out of it since the ending make me think that way.

If I had to rate is compaired to other lovely movies on scifi it would look something like this..

Miles ahead of Skeleton Man
Better then Pterodactyl
Better then Cerberus
Better then Manticore
Not better then Dog Soldiers

Strange way to rate them I know, but I don't put them in the same rating system decent movies are in. Granted some are fun to watch (Raptor Island cracks me up) but very few are gold (Dog Soldiers).

Dark Psion

First Post
Skrit said:
Ugh... My friends and I have turned Saturday night into "Stupid Scifi movie night" we usually have a few laughs over most of them (Skeleton Man anyone??).

Anyway Painkiller Jane was a lot better then I thought is was going to be. Still that doesn't say much since most of the acting was ... well lets just say not so good.

It also seemed like Scifi was trying to get a Television Series out of it since the ending make me think that way.

If I had to rate is compaired to other lovely movies on scifi it would look something like this..

Miles ahead of Skeleton Man
Better then Pterodactyl
Better then Cerberus
Better then Manticore
Not better then Dog Soldiers

Strange way to rate them I know, but I don't put them in the same rating system decent movies are in. Granted some are fun to watch (Raptor Island cracks me up) but very few are gold (Dog Soldiers).

But what about Mansquito? And Man Thing? Or does your scale not inlcude negative numbers?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads