Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

JoshuaFrost

First Post
Ghendar said:
You can convert it to their new magazine, Pathfinder, if you choose.

There are multiple options for your subscriptions beyond the September issues. Please check paizo.com/transition for details.

Sammael

Adventurer
To mods: please change the title to "Wizards of the Coast Kills Dungeon and Dragon," which is a more accurate description of what is going on here.

Also, not that anyone cares, but I would just like to say that, no matter what sort of content WotC publishes on their incredibly crappy, slow, bug-infested excuse for a website, I will not subscribe to it - not for $10 a month, not for $5 a month, not for $1 a month, and not for free. I am not going to lie and say I'll boycott WotC, but this sort of move... angers me.

sckeener

First Post
I feel very sick.

This is so wrong.

Dragon and Dungeon change around there format. It is a huge success and now this happens!?!

Last edited:

i am deeply sddened by this a ture shame it really is i have got more use out of this mags than anything wizard has made in years . wish it wasnt so ...a true end of an era sad day

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
....but I really hope Wizards digital iniative falls flat on its face.

If that happens, you may never get the content back at all. That helps nobody.

If you want the magazine format, you'd probably be better off to hope that it fails gracefully, so that they have time to recognize the failure, and resources to switch the format back.

This is sad in more ways than one. My first exposure to D&D was through a copy of Dragon magazine a friend had. Prior to that I'd been into wargames only, but that magazine got me interested enough to ask for my first boxed set for Christmas (over a quarter-century ago :eek: ). Even when I wasn't gaming, I'd still pick up the occasional issue.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
I was wondering. With them being willing/able to partner with Necromancer Games and announcing doing adventures "outside" of Dungeon magazine, things didn't make sense to me.
This makes it all make sense.

This Pathfinder idea sounds cool.

As for subscriptions, follow the link in the announcement about it.

Irregardless, this does anger me. Dungeon and Dragon Mags are a huge part of what is D&D for me.

Plus I much prefer print to pdf. So I doubt this new WOTC venture is going to win me over.

Remove ads