• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo Publishing Hires Sean K Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Man, Paizo is making all of the right moves. I envy what Erik and co. are doing to make Pathfinder a real contender. SKR is great to work with and he'll fit in well with them.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Not a fan of the man or his work- especially his GH and FR work. Really bad.

But I suppose it's another notch in the belt of Paizo to "show off" to the hardcore 3E crowd-which is a good business move.

I'd agree - with the Monte hiring. Less sure with this one.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
A couple of things.

1) Monte is a consultant on the Pathfinder RPG, not a full-time (or even part time) employee.

2) Sean K Reynolds is now a full-time employee of Paizo.

3) The Pathfinder RPG Beta went to press on June 13 and is currently at the printers awaiting a print and digital release on Gen Con weekend. While I am sure Sean will have a lot of impact on the final game, the Beta is already set.

Glad to hear Sean is held in such high esteem by so many gamers. Sorry to see not everyone agrees, but you can't please everyone all the time, I guess! :)

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I don't. Over-thinking things to accommodate fringe out-of-genre scenarios is bad, m'kay?

Come on. Be fair.

The Fire Giant on the Sun is obviously mentioned by way of (goofy) example, and not because SKR lies awake at night worrying about that particular fringe case.

How about Knock vs locks?

Even while I may not agree with all of his concerns or solutions, the fundamental design philosophy (fewer absolutes) is a good one.

lmpjr007

Explorer
A couple of things.

1) Monte is a consultant on the Pathfinder RPG, not a full-time (or even part time) employee.
So you're saying your going after Monte next? :D Or is that Wolfgang?

3) The Pathfinder RPG Beta went to press on June 13 and is currently at the printers awaiting a print and digital release on Gen Con weekend. While I am sure Sean will have a lot of impact on the final game, the Beta is already set.
Let me ask the better question, when will Paizo have their open license so I can I start making Pathfinder focused compatible material??? That is what I want to know! ;)

Jack Colby

First Post
Seems very appropriate. Paizo is welcome to collect all the designers who were "big names" during late 2E and 3E. Help keep them away from 4E please, I don't want it ruined. :)

Treebore

First Post
FRCS was a great book. I'm glad he's on Paizo's side because they need a lot of help if they're gonna keep competing with 4e.

:lol:

I'm sorry! I do sincerely find this funny since my opinion for the last 3 years is that Paizo does better material than WOTC. The last year they have been clearly superior.

Again, all in my opinion, so I got a good laugh out of it. Thanks.

(Sincerely here, I really found our difference in opinion very funny, and no, I haven't been drinking or taking any drugs, other than Motrin.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads