Paladin Variant Traits And Variant Aasimar Race Questions

irdeggman

First Post
Nazhkandrias said:
Care to provide a link? I'm interested. But how would the paladin's abilities change with alignment? Sure, Dispel Law would become Dispel Chaos and some class skills may change, maybe even a change in aura, or a few class skill substitutions, but that's about it.

The Birthright site is in my signature, the specific area to check is here.

http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2628

Use Chapter 1.

You have to remember that these are "tailored" to the Birthright pantheon so their paladins take on the appropriate aspects.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
All right, that should be good, then. Of course, I'll OK it with my DM, and make some of the changes a little less noticeable, but I have a good baseline idea now. So, how does this race work out balancewise? Less? More?

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Ooh, I forgot to ask this - you're OK with me using the paladins from your Birthright setting, right? Just making sure I'm not stealing intellectual property or anything.

irdeggman

First Post
Nazhkandrias said:
Ooh, I forgot to ask this - you're OK with me using the paladins from your Birthright setting, right? Just making sure I'm not stealing intellectual property or anything.

Check the pdf intro information (listed as BRCS-playtest) and the stuff from the information on "official fan site".

Pretty much the Birthright information I linked to is "the official" 3.5 material on the subject. Because of the "official fansite" status.

It technically is IP of WotC and "jointly" owned by them and the creators (pretty much the entire web site).

So, unless you are "selling it" or posting it as your own - you can use it for home rules/games without much worry.

Essentially it is (as pretty much anything else is) is good to use as "inspiration". Remember that those paladins were written to match up with the specific Birthright deities they correspond to - so that connection is very setting (and WotC IP) specific.

Oh and yes IMO your new race is pretty much "balanced" and provides for a very interesting basis for writing some setting specific information around.

irdeggman

First Post
Nazhkandrias said:
OK, this should work out great, then! Now, I'll start on the Fiendchosen and post that a little later.

Use the House-rules forum instead. You will get a better reception and less rule-comparisons, more balance only types.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
irdeggman said:
Use the House-rules forum instead. You will get a better reception and less rule-comparisons, more balance only types.
Gotcha. I'll bring both races over there as soon as I finish them. Thanks for the help, everybody! I like the way these new races are beginning to look, and I should have an effective paladin and rogue ready for my next game soon!

Remove ads