• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pale Master Problems

CrimsonScribe

First Post
I have a player who has grand visions of becoming a Pale Master in my campaign. I don't normally allows "out and out" evil characters in my games, and really summoning undead to fight by your side isn't exaclty "good". However, the real problems come about when you consider that another character is attempting to become an Exalted Paladin.

What I want to do is create a variant of the Pale Master that works with Deathless creatures instead of Undead creatures. It sounds simple enough on the surface, but finding enough Deathless creatures to fill the summoning tables is proving harder than I thought.

The player is also set on taking "Destructive Retribution" for his undead and I have concerns that if the other PC's are in the blast radius they will get rather upset very quickly. So I'm trying to build a positive energy variant that won't also heal whatever it is the party is currently fighting.

Finally, Bolster Resistance Vs Necromantic Presence - NP has a 60ft range limitation and is also a pre-requisite for Necromantic Might, but otherwise they appear indentical. Because both grant unnamed bonus to Turn Resistance, would they stack?

UltimaGabe

First Post
I might as well reply...

I don't have too much experience with Libris Mortis (I bought it right when it came out, looked at it for a while, but since I don't deal with undead too much, I haven't studied it too carefully), but in all of my experience I think that it's a stupid idea to begin with that undead are ALL evil. As for your problems, I'm not too sure on how to fix them, since I don't know TOO much about Deathless creatures or the like, or any of those feats you mentioned. But, hey, I might as well share what little help I can, right?

Spatula

Explorer
CrimsonScribe said:
Finally, Bolster Resistance Vs Necromantic Presence - NP has a 60ft range limitation and is also a pre-requisite for Necromantic Might, but otherwise they appear indentical. Because both grant unnamed bonus to Turn Resistance, would they stack?
It appears so. And the undead itself can also take Improved Turn Resistance for another +4 bonus.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads