• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pantheons

Cervante

First Post
Okay, first I will apologize if there is another thread like this out there but I didn't see one.

Now, onto the post. I'm looking for people who can describe their homebrew pantheons for everyone to see or give suggestions in building pantheons. Now, let's see what we can get :lol:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My advice is always the same: Start with figuring out what gods the non-adventurers would need. Design those -- gods of the harvest, the sea, gods of the forge, soldiers, etc. -- and then see which have portfolios that could reasonably be extended to player characters. Maybe the god of writing is also the god of wizardry. Maybe the god of wine is also the god of music and bards.

I'd also look at your campaign, and what races you intend to use. Do any of them require a totally different god (probably not, in a lot of cases)? Or can you just reskin the gods to work for other races as well -- setting up some interesting possible aspects to your game, especially if the human version isn't the "real" version of the god.

SparqMan

First Post
It could also be fun to take the list of Domains and jumble them up. See what combinations occur, then try to rationalize the combination.

Sure, Civilization and Protection make sense together, but how are Hope and Tyranny together? Or Change and Poison?

Fun stuff can be had.

Remove ads