• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragons [M&M] (recruiting closed)

Shayuri

First Post
Will The Mystery Power Enter And Sign In Please?

After inspecting the other sheets and considering concept, I realized it was obvious.

TK. Technically "gravitokinesis."

No fine manipulation or anything...operates kind of like a 'tractor beam.'

It doesn't obsolete the Gravity Control power because it's both more limited, yet covers a vastly larger area and easily controllable targeting.

I'd left it off originally, because someone else had it...but if it's just us four...why not?

Will update shortly!

Shayuri

First Post
Okay. Tessaract's crunch is complete.

Background being detailed. Summary is up right now, and I'll be fleshing it out later.

There's a fork in it though. Let me know which appeals more, GM.

basically, there's an experiment in artificial gravity that goes awry, trapping Tess in the room with a momentary artificial black hole. She either gets sucked in and is presumed dead, only to reappear later with these powers and no memory of what happened while she was "gone," or she breaks out before getting sucked in, and uses her powers to shield herself from the gravity before closing the black hole entirely before it can wreck the building.

Either's fine with me. I'll choose one or the other, but if you have preference, let me know.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Just waiting on Shaggy to post to the Rogue's Gallery then we'll start.

SHAGGY:
If I didn't answer this already: Features is a 1pp/rank power that lets you all miscellaneous 'features' to powers and items. A fine example of this would be your armor's network connection.

In regards to the wired/wireless network requirement... its kind of hard to find a place that does not offer a wireless network connection of some kind (this includes all cell phone networks). So I think that if you wanted to include wireless networks into your teleport then then its not really a flaw, but a drawback (or even a complication... there's not many places a military sat-phone won't work).

Shayuri

First Post
One suggestion: It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

That is, some of your powers could be wireless, but not all.

It makes sense to me that your ESP and communication abilties could work over wireless (and thus not have the limitation of medium), while teleportation is a whole other entity. Transmitting signals long distances through the air is an imprecise, wasteful thing. There's a lot of signal loss, a lot of interference...we don't see these in modern networks because technology has evolved to compensate, but it's there. I'd think that would make transmitting your entire body and mind as pure information wirelessly a pretty risky, potentially impossible (at least so far) thing.

Just a reasonable in-game explanation for why you start out with the limit, really. Could save you some points, while leaving open the option of removing that limit later.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Everything can work wireless except teleporting. Wireless connections aren't reliable enough for me to risk my neck teleporting over anything except hardlines.

I leave my suit hooked up to it's internet port (feature) so that I can teleport straight into it.

I dropped some skills, my fly speed, and Impervious tougness and traded it in for some better saves and the internet port feature in my suit.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh man...did we lose Lobo? It's been almost a week since he was on last.

Anyone know anything?

I'd be bummed if this one died on the wire!

Remove ads