• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragons [M&M] (recruiting closed)

AgentMike

First Post
At present, Roxanne is in denial about her powers, so she'd probably not be a member of said organization.

That said, the fact that she can suddenly walk again might make a lot of people - including the PPA - interested in her...

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I would be fine with that...but how would non-registered paranormals fit within that society?

I sort of thought of Gordon as not only having a double-life like so many heroes, but a triple life with Gordon, Delphi, and Steelhawk all sort of vying for his time (Complication!)

I would be cool registering his Delphi-powers with the government, but I sort of envisioned his Steelhawk persona as trying to pass himself off as a super-science type.

Here's a thought--Delphi could have been working with Paranormal Professionals Society for a week or so scanning for crimes in progress or near in progress and sending those with real powers to deal with them. Having just finished the Steelhawk armor, maybe he'll start having Steelhawk "meet" them at the scene wherever they go to help.

Could I have it rigged that I keep my armor plugged into a network cable, enabling me to teleport into it?

Of course, I can revise any of this to better jive with everyone else's ideas and the need of the story. Looking forward to the game!

AgentMike

First Post
Shay just made an excellent suggestion: that Roxanne could decide to work for the PPA on her own, looking for a broader "sample base" of paranormals, with the intent of unlocking whatever it is that's happened to her. I think this is a good way to get Roxanne meeting the others, while still allowing her to initially be "in hiding." If Lobo likes it I'll go for it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
From what I read the majority of the PPS are non-powered individuals with only several hundred (max) being powered. Since they are an advocacy group I could see some non powered people working with them because they would want to have some sort of group fighting for their rights "just incase they break out" and others because its the right or civil thing to do.

Shayuri

First Post
Updated Tessaract. I'll post to the RG when it's up.

I merged the two arrays and added the Wide extra (Gravity Control is the base power, since that seemed to me to be the best power to represent 'generic twisting of spacetime'). This bumped up the other powers in the array a little as well. In particular, her Nullify is now Sustained duration, meaning that if she wins the power contest the opposing power is gone until they can get out of the area of the nullify. Her teleport attack now has more than 200 mile range, which is nice. I was thinking it'd be neat if there was some kind of super-detention center that she could just teleport suspects into. Not a JAIL obviously, because there's no due process on them, but more like a holding area that's designed to contain dangerous paranormals.

I beefed her defense a little by giving her a Displacement power, as listed in Ultimate Power, it's just a Limited Visual Concealment that costs 4 points and gives a 50% miss chance by causing her image to be somewhere other than her actual location. This is accomplished via distorting space to cause light to bend oddly, of course.

I also added little things like Distance Sense and Direction Sense to represent an enhanced spatial awareness.

I still have an open AP slot too. I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Slow is redundant with Gravity Control. Deflect is possible, now that I can use two AP's at a time... I also have an idea for a linked set of powers...a small area Disintegrate linked to an Explostion limited TK that pulls inward. Basically, a tiny black hole. :) Cool in concept, but not sure how useful in practice.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I have a Shapeable Area Dimensional Pocket already...which I imagine as a wormhole that sort of whooshes through a path she defines, sucking up everything it intersects.

So I already have a power that makes things vanish from the universe, even if you can still get out...

And if I -reeeeeally- want to hurt or kill someone or something, there's not many folks that can withstand being teleported into orbit.

I guess I don't -have- to have another power, but it'd be neat to have some big flashy ability to have for emergencies or to make an impression...

James Heard

Explorer
Shrinking linked with density increase...She bends her own mass, increasing it relative to the rest of the universe. 8 ranks of shrinking (normal strength) to put her at size tiny, plus 4 ranks of density, for +8 STR/2 Imp Toughness , and the rest into Super-Strength to reflect her relative load difference. You might even be able to eke out more points if you make it so that she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn doing it (because the rest of the universe looks REALLY WEIRD when you're a roving gravity well, and it's really hard to judge distances.)

I think a softball sized woman flipping a car end over end, weighing a ton, might be pretty flashy. ;) (Sorry, haven't killed my subscription yet)

Remove ads