D&D 5E Party Make Up

CTurbo

Explorer
Tempest Cleric would be great and would be a lot of fun.

Any Paladin is a huge boost to any group so can't go wrong there either.

I feel like I say this all the time.

aco175

Legend
You can play anything as long as the DM manages the campaign. You should not feel like you need a cleric or healer. Something with minor healing like the ranger can help out some. Healing potions can help some as well. The campaign may change if the PCs need to rest more often since they cannot heal enough. No fighter with 2nd wind either. The DM needs to be flexible enough to sell potions in towns or add more to treasure, or even just make taking them a bonus action instead of their regular/full action.

The party can also see the problem and go multiclass if they think they need to.

aco175

Legend
You can play anything as long as the DM manages the campaign. You should not feel like you need a cleric or healer. Something with minor healing like the ranger can help out some. Healing potions can help some as well. The campaign may change if the PCs need to rest more often since they cannot heal enough. No fighter with 2nd wind either. The DM needs to be flexible enough to sell potions in towns or add more to treasure, or even just make taking them a bonus action instead of their regular/full action.

The party can also see the problem and go multiclass if they think they need to. You can also hire a few henchmen to walk around and heal you.

A melee character with some healing ability would work well. Valor Bard; Light, Storm, Forge, Death, Grace, or Nature Cleric; any sort of Paladin; or Moon Druid would all be excellent choices. In the end, though, play something you will enjoy and interests you. Otherwise you'll just end rerolling a new character anyway.

CTurbo

Explorer
A melee character with some healing ability would work well. Valor Bard; Light, Storm, Forge, Death, Grace, or Nature Cleric; any sort of Paladin; or Moon Druid would all be excellent choices. In the end, though, play something you will enjoy and interests you. Otherwise you'll just end rerolling a new character anyway.

Just curious why you left out Life, War, and Tempest Clerics as they are typically among the best Clerics for melee?

Just curious why you left out Life, War, and Tempest Clerics as they are typically among the best Clerics for melee?

War is quite underwhelming in combat.

In the other cases, I stupidly wrote "storm" instead of tempest and "light" instead of life. Must remember to get more than 3 hours of sleep. As is the life of a newborn's father.

CTurbo

Explorer
War is quite underwhelming in combat.

In the other cases, I stupidly wrote "storm" instead of tempest and "light" instead of life. Must remember to get more than 3 hours of sleep. As is the life of a newborn's father.

haha well congrats on the new addition! I can definitely relate to the lack of sleep.

Tempest is probably best for melee, but War is really good at lower levels. Even more so with some high rolled stats. I played with a War Cleric with a 20 Wis from levels 1-9 and he pretty much never ran out of his bonus attack. He had the Sentinel feat and could keep enemies in his Spirit Guardians if they tried to escape.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So party makeup. Like how to make smokey eye? Glitter? This is it. Finally, an appropriate time to post about Rouge!

Remove ads