Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Shayliss?" the Mayor asks, a confused look on her face, "Oh, you must mean Ven's daughter. I know her. Watched her grow up from a playful child into a young woman with an eye for handsome men. Why do you ask about her? I can't imagine she could possibly have anything to do with the goblins. She's barely even a woman. Her sister causes trouble from time to time, but I don't think now is the time for idle gossip about what men do with women who aren't their wives."

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 10]The Mayor seems genuinely taken aback by the mention of Shayliss in what is otherwise a very serious matter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer

The Sheriff interjects, "I believe what the Mayor is trying to say is that the girl fancies a handsome face, and is as foolish as her age."

"...to put it bluntly," the Mayor mutters under her breath.

Sheriff Hemlock tries to steer the conversation back, "But we have more important matters than flirtations of womenfolk, cousins. Shalelu, it may be true that the 'longshanks' leader is no goblin. But perhaps he is goblinkind. You have spoken of the larger goblinkin, but we must consider all possibilities. Pray, tell what you know of these possible ones, and we may consider."

"Yes, Belor," the elf nods, her serious demeanor never wavering. She had listened silently with the same grim expression even as the tragedy at the Chapel and Shayliss were discussed, but she was back to her area of expertise now, and her confident tone conveyed her devotion to the subject.

"Aside from Big Gugmut, Rendwattle Gutwad, and Bruthazmus, there are others you should be concerned and informed about. Even if none of these is the leader, it is likely most or all are somehow involved in this scheme.

"One such goblin was called Koruvus. He was a champion of the Seven Tooth tribe, as well known for his short temper as he was for his prized possession--a magic longsword sized for a human that, by all accounts, the goblin stubbornly kept as his own. However, I have not tracked him lately. From listening in on goblin rumormongering, I gather Koruvus vanished several months ago after he supposedly discovered a 'secret hideout' in a cave along the cliffs, but the Seven Tooth goblins remain convinced he's out there still, a ghost or worse, waiting to murder any goblin who tries to discover his hideout.

"Another is Vorka, a notorious goblin cannibal who lives in the Brinestump Marsh, a 'hero' to goblins, save for those belonging to the Licktoad tribe. Some old feud between the Brinestump and Licktoad tribe is likely the reason for the Licktoad tribe's opinion. But many goblins are simply insane, and this feud goes back further than the goblins themselves remember. That is not to suggest it is an ancient disagreement, but it predates my protection of these lands, so it may go back nearly a decade. Nevertheless, the other four goblin tribes speak many praises of Vorka.

"And finally, you must consider Ripnugget. He is the savage leader of the Thistletop goblins. I would attribute his success and prestige among goblinkind chiefly to fortune; he controls what all five tribes agree is the best lair. And I must confess it is a rather daunting fortress. I've only viewed it from afar, but it stands out at sea with a high bridge leading to land and a vast thicket surrounding the approach. Nevertheless, just because he was lucky does not mean he is a fool. He is vicious and clever for a goblin and has led a number of successful raids in the past."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Shalelu has given you the greater part of her knowledge. Many avenues are presently open to you. You might go asking about magic rituals involving the bones of dead priests as [MENTION=30016]SelcSilverhand[/MENTION] mentioned. You could go to Ven Vinder's store to see if you can find Shayliss Vinder if you think she might be involved as [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] seems to suspect. You could simply go off goblin hunting in the Sandpoint Hinterlands now that you know something of the tribes and their leaders. Or maybe you would like to stop for a drink and something to eat (your stomachs are are now growling). Take a look at the last two pages; there are many hooks. As I have noted before I am running this campaign something like a sandbox. You can take it in any direction you like (although I will drop plenty of hints to keep you informed about where to continue the main story).

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: where do thes names come from? Ripnugget, brinestump, licktoad? yeesh.

OOC: Note of thoughts: I am thinking the rats maybe coming from a hole, such as a tunnel the size of goblins or so.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: I say we break for lunch and discuss our options over food. My thought is that we tackle any angles in town before we head off to hunt goblins. Maybe eat, check out Shayliss's basement for tunnels, talk to the town priest about researching rituals, then see if we can rent a dog and track the scent out of town?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: To the Rusty Dragon then? I'll introduce the next scene there when I get the chance. I'm student teaching this week at a high school so I will be pretty busy. Then I have a convention to run this weekend so it might be a while.

kinem

Adventurer
Nuko says "Thank you, Shalelu, and Sheriff. The goblin's leader left by sea, so that may hint at a lair like Ripnugget's, but that is a rather weak connection to try to draw at this point. Certainly most of the goblins didn't come that way.

If it matters what tribe they come from, we could try further interrogating the captured goblins. They remember little of their leader, but surely they will know their own tribe.

Right now though I think it's time to investigate what's for lunch. You're welcome to join us."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Oh, Lady Shalelu, We tracked the trail to the beach head at <He describes as best he can>. Just in case you want to double check our work. I have no pretense to being troubled with embarressment in anyway if you choose to do so, instead, it would be a mark of honor."

Remove ads