• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] B6: The Veiled Society

Rhun

First Post
Still have a bit of coin to spend, some background/personality to flesh out, and a couple of spells to finish, but otherwise my PC is ready:

Celythia Andrenia, of Clan Callarii
Neutral Good Elf Female Wizard 2

Description
Celythia is tall, nearly six feet in hieght, with a slender, svelte build; she weights perhaps eight stone (115lb). She is beautiful, with finely chiseled features, a pert nose and full lips, though perhaps her most striking features are her brilliant scarlet hair and almond shapes eyes of violet hue. She dresses fashionably, and always wears a few items of gold and silver jewelry to accentuate her outfits.

[sblock=Credit]
Credit to UrbanZabra at DeviantArt
[/sblock]

Personality & Background
Celythia is still very young by elven standards. At barely 120 years of age, she finished her apprenticeship in record time. Upon completion of her training, her master, the great elven mage Vindathar the Wise, sent her to Specularum in Karameikos. He did not tell her why, only that the next stage of her magical development could be found within the great city.

Celythia hales from the Radlebb Woods of Karameikos, from one of the small Callarii villages.

XPs: 1000
[sblock=Experience History]
1000 – Starting Experience

[/sblock]

Stats
Str 10 (+0) (0 points)
Dex 16 (+3) (5 points, +2 race)
Con 12 (+1) (5 points, -2 race)
Int 19 (+4) (13 points, +2 race)
Wis 10 (+0) (0 points)
Cha 12 (+1) (2 points)

General
HP: 12 (6 [1st level] + 4 + 2 [con])
AC: 13 [17] (10 base, +3 dex, [+4 mage armor])
--- Touch AC 13 [17]
--- Flatfooted 10 [14]

Initiative: +5 (+3 dex, +2 trait)
Move: 30’ (30’ base)

Combat
BAB: +1
Melee: +1
--- Dagger +1 (1d4/19-20)
Ranged: +4
--- Longbow, mw +5 (1d8/x3)
--- Acid Dart (Ranged TOUCH) +4 (1d6+1/x2)

Saves:
Fort: +2 (0 base, + 1 con, +1 trait)
Ref: +3 (0 base, + 3 dex)
Wil: +3 (3 base, + 0 wis)

Skills:
- (14 total: 4 class, +8 int, +2 favored class) –
Appraise +9 (2 ranks, +3 cs, +4 int)
Craft (Alchemy) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (Arcana) +9 (2 ranks, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (Geography) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (History) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (Local) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Knowledge (Planes) +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Linguistics +8 (1 rank, +3 cs, +4 int)
Perception +1 (1 rank, +0 wis)
Spellcraft +9 (2 ranks, +3 cs, +4 int)

Languages:
- Common
- Elven
- Draconic
- Goblin
- Thyatian
- Alphatian

Feats:
- Eschew Materials

Traits
- Resilient
- Reactionary

Class Features:
- Cantrips
- Spellcasting
- Arcane Bond (ring)
- Arcane Schooling
--- Chosen School: conjuration
--- Opposition Schools: illusion, necromancy
--- School Power: Summoner's Charm (Su): Whenever you cast a conjuration (summoning) spell, increase the duration by a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum 1). At 20th level, you can change the duration of all summon monster spells to permanent. You can have no more than one summon monster spell made permanent in this way at one time. If you designate another summon monster spell as permanent, the previous spell immediately ends.
--- School Power: Acid Dart (Sp): As a standard action you can unleash an acid dart targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. The acid dart deals 1d6 points of acid damage + 1 for every two wizard levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier. This attack ignores spell resistance.
- Scribe Scrolls

Racial Features:
- +2 to DEX & INT, -2 to CON
- Medium Size
- Normal Speed
- Low-Light Vision
- Keen Senses (+2 to sight/sound perception checks, may make automatic perception check when passing within 10’ of a secret/concealed door)
- Elven Immunities (Immune to magical sleep effects, and +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells/effects)
-Elven Magic (+2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance; +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks to identify properties of magical items.)
- Weapon Familiarity (proficient with longbows, longswords, rapiers and shortbows, and treats any weapon with “elven” in the name as a martial weapon)
- Favored Class: Wizard

Arms, Armor and Equipment:
- Longbow, composite, masterwork (400gp, 3lb)
--- Arrows, 40 (2gp, 6lb)
- Dagger (2gp, 1lb)
- Courtier’s Outfit (30gp, 5lb [worn])
--- Bonded Object (ring): Crafted of gold, set with a single round moonstone flanked by two small skydrops (bonded item free at 1st level)
--- Earrings, gold & silver (30gp value for pair)
--- Bracelet, gold & silver (40gp value)
- Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
--- Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)
--- Trail rations, 3 days (15sp, 3lb)
--- Waterskin (1gp, 4lb)
--- Bottle, fine elven wine (30sp, 1lb)
--- Ink, 1oz (8gp, -)
--- Inkpen (1sp, -)
--- Scrollcase (1gp, 0.5lb)
--- Paper, 5 sheets (2gp, -)
--- Mirror, small steel (10gp, 0.5lb)
--- Sack, empty (1cp, 0.5lb)
--- Spellbook (-gp, 3lb), in canvas wrap for waterproofing (1sp, 1lb)
- Beltpouch (1gp, 0.5lb)
--- Chalk, 3 pieces (3cp, ---)
--- Flint & Steel (1gp, ---)
--- 2 potions of cure light wounds (100gp, ---)
--- Potion of expeditious retreat (50gp, ---)
--- Potion of reduce person (50gp, ---)

- 50gp contributed to Wand of Cure Light Wounds fund.

Wealth: 2pp, 16gp, 20sp, 16cp
Encumberance: LIGHT (29lb )

Spellbook:
- Level 0: (ALL)
- Level 1: (9) Feather Fall, Charm Person, Burning Hands, Feather Fall, Endure Elements, Grease, Shield, Summon Monster I, Sleep, Hold Portal (10gp), Protection from Evil (10gp), Mount (10gp), Obscuring Mist (10gp), Identify (10gp), Magic Missile (10gp), Floating Disk (10gp), Expeditious Retreat (10gp) + (s) Mage Armor

Spells Prepared:
- Level 0, DC14 [4 + (s)]: Read Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation + (s) Acid Splash
- Level 1, DC15 [3 + (s)]: Summon Monster I, Grease, Charm Person + (s) Mage Armor

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
OK, good to see the final PCs of the puzzle.

PF uses Combat Maneuvers for grapple and such, so you need CMB and CMD instead of grapple.

Theroc: no deity necessary. In Mystara, all known 'gods' used to be mortals. As an elf, you might have heard tales of revered ancestors who rose to Immortality many thousands of years ago.

Rhun: In the latest PF rules, an evoker gets Force Missile (1d4+evoker bonus damage, 3+Int mod / day, as magic missile), not Energy Ray. Other than that, as far as I see so far, looks good (so to speak). It looks like you can help the others get that wand.

Rhun

First Post
Rhun: In the latest PF rules, an evoker gets Force Missile (1d4+evoker bonus damage, 3+Int mod / day, as magic missile), not Energy Ray. Other than that, as far as I see so far, looks good (so to speak). It looks like you can help the others get that wand.

That may actually change my choice of chosen school, then. What about Conjuration? Did they change that up?

kinem

Adventurer
You should read the wizard rules on the PRD.

None of them get at-will attacks anymore. I guess that seemed too good, compared to the other options, and stole too much thunder from a 1st level warlock.

Rhun

First Post
You should read the wizard rules on the PRD.

None of them get at-will attacks anymore. I guess that seemed too good, compared to the other options, and stole too much thunder from a 1st level warlock.

Thanks for the link Kinem...I've been using the BETA, and it looks like some things changed. Let me read through and see what I can come up with. I guess I may have to purchase a bow for my PC after all. :)

Theroc

First Post
Skills and Combat manuever info fixed, I think. Will try to make a fairly setting neutral biography(because finding info on Mystara via your link didn't work too well for me... kept finding rules info somehow.)

Code:
Name: Kynar Say'ceri
Class: Fighter
Race: Elf
Size: Medium
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: None

Str: 14 +2 (05p.)     Level: 2        XP: 1,000
Dex: 18 +4 (10p.)     BAB: +2         HP: 18 (2d10+2)
Con: 12 +1 (05p.)     CMB: +4         Dmg Red: 0/anything
Int: 12 +1 (00p.)     CMD: 18         Spell Res: None
Wis: 10 +0 (00p.)     Init: +6        Spell Save: ???
Cha: 14 +0 (05p.)     Speed: 30'      ACP: -3          

AC:     Base  Armor  Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
             10     +6    +0    +3   +0     +0    +0    19
                  Touch: 13              Flatfooted: 16

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:            3     +1    0     4
Ref:             0     +4    0     4
Will:            0     +0    0     0

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical
Elven Curve Blade        +7       1d10+4      18-20x2
Rapier                   +6       1d6+2       18-20x2

Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven

Abilities:
Elf:
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail.

Medium: Elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. See Additional Rules.

Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance.
In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.

Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows
including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following:
Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

Fighter:

Bonus Feats (already included)
Bravery +1 (+1 bonus on Will Saves against fear)

Feats:
Weapon Finesse(Level 1 feat)
Weapon Focus: Elven Curve Blade(Level 1 Fighter feat)
Dazzling Display(Level 2 fighter feat)

Traits:
Reactionary (+2 Trait Bonus to Initiative)
Armor Expert (-1 ACP in any armor)

Skill Points: 6       Max Ranks: 2(Class Skills)
Skills            Ranks    Mod    Misc    Total
Climb               1      +2      +3     = 6
Smith(weapon)       2      +1      +3     = 6
Swim                1      +2      +3     = 6
Intimidate          1      +2      +3     = 6
Know(Engineering)   1      +1      +3     = 5

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
Elven Curve Blade*       27gp  07 lb
Rapier*                  07gp  02 lb
Backpack                 02gp  02 lb
Light Steel Shield       09gp  06 lb
Masterwork Breast Plate 350gp  30 lb
Artisan's tools          05gp  05 lb

*Self-made via 'take 10'

Total Weight:52lb      Money:501gp 00sp 00cp

Light  Medium   Heavy    Lift    Push
Max Weight:0-58   59-116  117-175  76-350 351-875

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 160lb
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Appearance: Kynar looks somewhat like your typical elf, slender fair-skinned with slightly pointed ears. Adorning his frame is a breastplate of notable quality, along with somewhat elegant robes, crafted in such a way as to not get in the way when moving. He's rather handsome, though not in any real exotic way. He moves with great purpose, however. It is obvious he retained the Elven grace that his race was known for.

Background:
Kynar's childhood wasn't quite what one would expect for an elven child. Raised away from the forests and a large Elven dominated culture, he was raised around many humans. The city-like atmosphere was both good and bad for the boy. Some of the warriors he saw inspired him, causing him to frequently wear toy-armor which impeded his range of motion... but also drew jeers and mockery from his peers. This occasionally got the boy into fights... but also taught him the telltale signs.

There wasn't a great deal to note about his past, besides a love of practicing his swordplay and displaying his prowess, and a joy of crafting a beautiful weapon. He crafted his own weapons by preference, of course. He was, at his relatively young age, quite single. Of course, that is subject to change.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Character traits are more important than character background anyway, I think. Attitudes towards others, sense of humor, favorite activities, etc. Those things will come into play; details of your character's childhood probably will not. Certain outlines of his life do matter, such as whether he is single.

When I see a 3 page history of a new PC, it's impressive, but it is not that helpful during play I think. I'd rather see that stuff filled in with memories and flashbacks once you really know who your PC is from playing him for a while.

kinem

Adventurer
Theroc: OK.

Remember you are all 2nd level though; you have some experience and combat accomplishments. My default assumption is that the lot of you helped defend a town from goblin raiders.

Don't forget to post your PCs in the RG.

I guess we can get underway when Rhun is done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads