Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Converted Monsters

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Clevernickname: Do you mind if I post your conversions on d20pfsrd.com?
I wouldn't mind at all.

I went ahead and posted them anyway. They are here. If you'd prefer I take them down I'll understand and remove them right away.
Sorry it took me so long to get back on here; my commute home was a bit of an ordeal.

Hm... Rakasta are closed content, aren't they?
I'm not sure...maybe? They are part of the Savage Coast campaign, which is a free download over on Wizards. But I know that doesn't imply open content. And there are a plethora of closed-content critters over at the creature catalog...

Hmm. There might be some hoops that I need to jump through. Does anyone know the details about posting conversions of closed content material?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
1. Is that the usual ability array for a warrior in PF?
2. Favored Class is now a rather different beast.
1. Not sure. I don't recall seeing anything about ability score arrays in the Conversion document, so I went with the default 3.5 array for monsters with character levels (the elite array.) Did I overlook something?

That said, the Tabi's array was jacked up. I'll fix it in a sec. Fixed. Wow, that one was pretty screwed up. jreyst, you might wanna replace your copy...

2. True...and I'm noticing that goblins don't have a Favored Class entry in their "Goblin Characters" section. I think I'll yank those out. Thanks for keeping me on track!

Last edited:

jreyst

First Post
Until I know one way or the other on the Tabi and Rakasta, I took them down. The updated page is here.

Edit: By the way Clever, if you'd like I can give you access to the site and you can post/update directly there. Up to you, just let me know.

jreyst

First Post
In addition to the fine conversions Clever did above, I went ahead and tried out the Conversion Guide guidelines and whipped up the Blast Shadow, originally appearing in Pathfinder #15. Check it out and please let me know what you think of the conversion, ie, where did I screw up?

Check it out here.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Until I know one way or the other on the Tabi and Rakasta, I took them down. The updated page is here.
Probably for the best...

Edit: By the way Clever, if you'd like I can give you access to the site and you can post/update directly there. Up to you, just let me know.
Sure, no problem. Let me get a little bit of practice first, though. You don't want me mucking up monsters by the dozen in there. :)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I don't know why I am doing the dinosaurs in alphabetical order...

DIMETRODON
CR 3 (800 XP)
N LARGE ANIMAL
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +7

DEFENSE
AC 15; touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural)
hp 62 (7d8+31)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Bite +8 (2d6+6)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS
Str 22, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 8, Cha 10
Base Atk +3; CMB +10; CMD 22
Feats: Alertness, Improved Natural Armor, Toughness
Skills: Perception +7, Stealth +7
Languages: None

ECOLOGY
Environment Warm hills and swamps
Organization Solitary or group (2-6)
Treasure None

SPECIAL ABILITIES
None.

------------

A dimetrodon is a sail-backed, meat-eating dinosaur. The "sail" is a comb of long bony spines connected by a webbing of skin. The dimetrodon is about 10 feet long and weighs nearly a ton. Dimetrodons hunt most often in hills and in the drier areas of swamps.1

------------
1. Cook, D. and Moldvay, T. 1980. The Isle of Dread. Random House, Inc.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
GIANT ELK
CR 2 (600 XP)
N LARGE ANIMAL
Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7

DEFENSE
AC 15; touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural)
hp 76 (8d8+40)
Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Gore +8 (2d6+9)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS
Str 26, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 9
Base Atk +6; CMB +13; CMD 25
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Armor, Run
Skills: Perception +7, Stealth +9

ECOLOGY
Environment Temperate hills and grasslands
Organization Solitary or herd (2-6)
Treasure None

SPECIAL ABILITIES
None.

------------

Giant elk inhabit hills and plains. They are 10-12 feet long and weigh nearly a ton. Their antlers span 10 feet or more. Giant elk eat shrubs and grasses. They are preyed upon by dire wolves and sabre-tooth tigers.1

VARIANTS
The stats presented here are suitable for any large-sized, antlered animal such as moose or caribou.

------------

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
GRANGERI
CR 7 (3,200 XP)
N HUGE ANIMAL
Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12

DEFENSE
AC 13; touch 9, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, -2 size, +7 natural)
hp 136 (13d8+78)
Fort +15 (reroll 1/day), Ref +9, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Bite +15 (2d6+8)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

STATISTICS
Str 26, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 1, Wis 9, Cha 9
Base Atk +9; CMB +17; CMD 28
Feats: Alertness, Great Fortitude, Improved Great Fortitude, Improved Natural Armor (x3), Toughness
Skills: Perception +11, Stealth +12

ECOLOGY
Environment Warm hills and grasslands
Organization Solitary or herd (2-6)
Treasure None

SPECIAL ABILITIES
None.

------------

The grangeri looks like a cross between a giraffe and a hornless rhinoceros. Its long neck allows it to reach for and eat leaves from the tops of trees. A grangeri is about 30 feet long and stands 20 feet tall.1

------------

Last edited:

Remove ads