• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Converted Monsters

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
d20pfsrd.com is updated through Human, Pirate or Buccaneer.

Keep on truckin' Clever!
I'm almost done. I've got to do the Megatherium, Trachodon, and the Giant Oyster, and then I will have all of the monsters from The Isle of Dread module itself. There are some more monsters in the Expert Rulebook that might need to be converted to get the full experience (triceratops, tyrannosaur, etc.); I will see if I get time to do them. Our Pathfinder Launch Game is next weekend.

(And I fixed the pirate, btw.)

Last edited:

CleverNickName

The wierdest-looking dinosaur.

TRACHODON
CR 5 (1,600 XP)
N HUGE ANIMAL
Init +5; Senses Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +14

DEFENSE
AC 14; touch 9, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, -2 size, +5 natural)
hp 150 (14d8+73)
Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +4

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Tail +15 (1d8+8)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample

STATISTICS
Str 26, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 12
Base Atk +10; CMB +17; CMD 28
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Run, Toughness
Skills: Perception +14, Stealth +0; Racial Modifiers Perception +4
Languages: none

ECOLOGY
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary, mated pair, or group (2-6)
Treasure: None

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Trample (Ex): A trachodon may trample Medium-sized or smaller creatures for 2d6+8 points of damage. Opponents who do not make attacks of opportunity against the trachodon may attempt a Reflex save (DC 25) for half damage. The save DC for this ability is Strength-based.

------------
A trachodon is a duck-billed dinosaur that stands 15-18 feet tall. This beast runs erect on its hind legs, and only eats plants. This dinosaur may be dangerous if enraged.1

------------
1. Cook, D. and Moldvay, T. 1981. The Isle of Dread. Random House, Inc.

CleverNickName

Another from The Isle of Dread.

MEGATHERIUM
CR 4 (1,200 XP)
N HUGE ANIMAL
Init +0; Senses Low-light vision, scent; Perception +13

DEFENSE
AC 13; touch 8, flat-footed 13 (-2 size, +5 natural)
hp 115 (11d8+55)
Fort +14, Ref +7, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +15 (2d6+9)
Special Attacks: None

STATISTICS
Str 28, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 9
Base Atk +8; CMB +19; CMD 29
Feats: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Natural Armor, Power Attack
Skills: Perception +13, Stealth -3; Racial Modifiers Perception +2

ECOLOGY
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary, mated pair, or group (2-6)

------------
A megatherium is a giant ground sloth that eats leaves, roots, and shrubs. It stands 24 feet tall and can walk erect on its hind legs, though it usually walks on all fours. It is slow, stupid, and peaceful unless provoked.1

------------
1. Cook, D. and Moldvay, T. 1981. The Isle of Dread. Random House, Inc.

CleverNickName

Probably the most anti-climatic monster ever...

OYSTER, GIANT
CR 2 (600 XP)
N LARGE ANIMAL
Init +0; Senses Tremorsense; Perception +11

DEFENSE
AC Open: 9; touch 5, flat-footed 9 (-4 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural)
AC Closed: 21; touch 5, flat-footed 21 (-4 Dex, -1 size, +16 natural)
hp 95 (10d8+40)
Fort +11, Ref +3, Will +4

OFFENSE
Speed 0 ft.
Melee Bite +13 (1d8+6)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks: Trap

STATISTICS
Str 22, Dex 1, Con 18, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +7; CMB +13; CMD 19
Feats: Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Armor x4
Skills: Perception +11, Stealth +0; Racial Modifiers Perception +2, Stealth +4

ECOLOGY
Environment: Any aquatic
Organization: Solitary or group (2-4)
Treasure: 2% chance per Hit Dice of 1 large pearl, worth 2d20x100 gp.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Trap (Ex): When attacked, a giant oyster closes its shell and does not open again for at least 10 minutes.1 As the shell closes, the oyster may accidentally trap an adjacent creature between the edges of its shell (this constitutes a bite attack.) If the oyster successfully bites a foe, it immediately starts a grapple as a free action, which doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Grappled creatures take automatic bite damage each round until freed.

------------
Giant oysters look just like ordinary ones, except they are 6 feet in diameter and stand 4 feet high. They may be found in nearly any type of watery environment, although they are most often found in cold shallow water.1

------------
1. Morris, G. et. al. 1986. Creature Catalogue. Random House, Inc.

CleverNickName

Ugh. I forgot that the Stealth skill is modified by a creature's size. (smacks forehead) Pretty much every monster has been updated, or will need to be very soon. Check my math before using these beasties.

Shisumo

First Post
Just for the record, NPCs with PC class levels should use the elite array, while NPCs with NPC class levels use the standard array (13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8). For more information, see "Step 2: Determine Ability Scores" in the Creating NPCs section of the Pathfinder core (pages 450 and 451).

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Just for the record, NPCs with PC class levels should use the elite array, while NPCs with NPC class levels use the standard array (13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8). For more information, see "Step 2: Determine Ability Scores" in the Creating NPCs section of the Pathfinder core (pages 450 and 451).
Excellent eyes, Shisumo...I've fixed the Rakasta, Pirate, and Neanderthal.

EDIT: and the Phanaton. Sheesh, those little squirrel-monkey-guys are really giving me fits. Are they getting close?

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Everyone's favorite. I'm pretty sure this one will be in the Pathfinder bestiary; I made this conversion so that I would have it handy for this weekend's game.

TYRANNOSAURUS
CR 8 (4,800 XP)
N HUGE ANIMAL
Init +1; Senses Low-light vision, scent; Perception +13

DEFENSE
AC 15; touch 9, flat-footed 16 (+1 Dex, -2 size, +8 natural)
hp 188 (18d8+107)
Fort +16, Ref +12, Will +8

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Bite +20 (3d6+13)
Special Attacks: Grab, swallow whole

STATISTICS
Str 28, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 10
Base Atk +13; CMB +30; CMD 41
Feats: Alertness, Improved Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Armor (x3), Improved Natural Attack (bite), Run, Toughness
Skills: Perception +13, Stealth +5; Racial Modifiers Perception +2

ECOLOGY
Environment: Warm forests and plains
Organization: Solitary or pair

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Grab (Ex): If a tyrannosaurus hits with its bite attack, it deals damage as normal and attempts to start a graple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If the tyrannosaur gets a hold, it can attempt to swallow its prey whole.

Swallow Whole (Ex): A tyrannosaurus can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of up to two sizes smaller by making a successful grapple check. The swallowed creature takes 2d8+8 points of bludgeoning damage and 8 points of acid damage per round from the tyrannosaurus’s gizzard. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by using a light slashing or piercing weapon to deal 25 points of damage to the gizzard (AC 12). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out.

A Huge tyrannosaurus’s gizzard can hold 2 Medium, 8 Small, 32 Tiny, or 128 Diminutive or smaller opponents.

------------
Despite its enormous size and 6-ton weight, a tyrannosaurus is a swift runner. Its head is nearly 6 feet long, and its teeth are from 3 to 6 inches in length. It is slightly more than 30 feet long from nose to tail.

A tyrannosaurus pursues and eats just about anything it sees. Its tactics are simple—charge in and bite.

Last edited:

Remove ads