Pathfinder level 20

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Just wanting a bit of clerification:

I rolled a nat 20 for a total of 57 and I detected nothing at all? not even the horde of creepy crawlies in the room, right?

Shayuri

First Post
I am not the GM, and this is speculation on my part, but:

They are probably Ethereal. No amount of Perception allows you to detect the presence of Ethereal beings...because they're not actually present. They're in another plane.

The Gem lets you see into adjacent coterminous planes, like the Ethereal, so it would still reveal them there.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I am not the GM, and this is speculation on my part, but:

They are probably Ethereal. No amount of Perception allows you to detect the presence of Ethereal beings...because they're not actually present. They're in another plane.

The Gem lets you see into adjacent coterminous planes, like the Ethereal, so it would still reveal them there.

At that the GM made a sort of nervous coughing noise into his bottled water. Sweat started pouring down his face as his eyes darted from side to side, seeking escape.

(cough) Well, that's just, err, that's just speculation right there (cough, wheeze), so, err, howsabout that local sports team?

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe

In other news, I see it's my turn. I'll post asap, but work's super busy. Even posting this little message is setting me back a bit. Might have to wait until tonight.

Remove ads