Pathfinder level 20

Thaven

First Post
Nope, not epic enough. At best he'd be level 5 with that background, and most likely just a 1st level adventurer fresh off the farm hoping for revenge. Einstein was a 4th level expert (physics) when he figured out relativity et al.

I know we may have had this conversation before, but I definitely don't agree about Einstein. He might have been a level 5 expert in a world where dragons exist, but in our world he was a level 20 physicist.

It's all relative.

WarlockLord

First Post
I know, the background was just a joke.

Sorry Thaven. :)

As a kid, Cort always had a problem with bullies. Not that he was picked on or anything, but he couldn't really take watching the bigger kids beat up the little ones. Naturally, he did what any kid with a sorcerous bloodline would do - fight back. He went around the streets of his hometown protecting the smaller kids from the bigger, more aggressive ones with his charismatic presence and fearsome sorcery. As he became an adult, all he saw were more bullies: the gangsters who extorted protection money, the corrupt politicians, and the lord of the Evil Empire over there.

He dedicated himself to ending the threat posed by Malacarus with a hatred bordering on the irrational. To the servants of Mal, he became known as the icy winds of death. He even battled the necromancer to a stalemate several times, with the help of the Broken Eagles.

Now he is going to find these new bullies which are threatening this world, and see if he can put some squids...on ice.

fireinthedust

Explorer
heh. I guess I should get on it.

Right now I'm starting the new monsters I made up for the module I created. The official PF stats for them, that is. Then I'll be making a massive pile of sample adventurers, either for quickstart games or replacements (or something else), and finally drawing the actual maps. Then, once that and a solid playtest/re-write is finished, I'll grab an artist and get this sucker illustrated! After all this, I'll go to drivethrurpg and or rpgnow, and see if they'll sell the pdfs for me; and I'll do it (without service charges) through my website. bam.

Ok, I guess I better get you folks the next post. And yeah, Herobizkit will be introduced soon.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I know, the background was just a joke.

Sorry Thaven. :)

As a kid, Cort always had a problem with bullies. Not that he was picked on or anything, but he couldn't really take watching the bigger kids beat up the little ones. Naturally, he did what any kid with a sorcerous bloodline would do - fight back. He went around the streets of his hometown protecting the smaller kids from the bigger, more aggressive ones with his charismatic presence and fearsome sorcery. As he became an adult, all he saw were more bullies: the gangsters who extorted protection money, the corrupt politicians, and the lord of the Evil Empire over there.

He dedicated himself to ending the threat posed by Malacarus with a hatred bordering on the irrational. To the servants of Mal, he became known as the icy winds of death. He even battled the necromancer to a stalemate several times, with the help of the Broken Eagles.

Now he is going to find these new bullies which are threatening this world, and see if he can put some squids...on ice.

Okay, a good start. Now let me ask you: what makes this guy more than heroic? What makes him EPIC?

I want three major adventures he's undertaken that would get him to 20th level. Examples we've got so far include the seige of a city, fighting vampire elven nobles, and leading armies in battle.

Is he a pure Sorcerer, or is he an Eldritch Knight? Or a bit of a Rogue? Or a Dragon Disciple? Does he have a PrC?

Remove ads