[Pathfinder] [OOC] DarkSun game

Walking Dad

First Post
Looks like Andor, Kinem and Tailspinner are still here (best wishes for you, Voadam)

kinem - Mul Psion (Kineticist)
Andor - Halfling Soulknife
Tailspinner - Half-elf Gladiator

So, we have still three players and one interested...

I will send GandalfMithrandir a PM. If he answers fast, I will add him in the ongoing encounter (one of the guards) if compatible with his character wishes.

If not, I will continue from where we anow and get rid of your survival experts (ranger and druid) :devil:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Hello Everyone!

I need to know what type of character to make to jump into this game, If its possible and fits I'd like to make a ranged combat focused ranger, preferably half-elf if thats ok, I've never played Dark Sun before. It's also fine for me to be a guard, just so I don't get killed in the first encounter.

Thanks for letting me in!

Walking Dad

First Post
Good news:

GandalfMithrandir is coming up with a character :)

@GandalfMithrandir:

1. Can I call you 'GM'?

2. Any information is in the first four posts in this very thread.

Short:
Starting level is 3
20 pts Pathfinder point buy.

Ranger is available. Choose a Dark Sun race, record HP, get the bonus feat (all in post 2). Rest like standard pathfinder.
You can also take a look in post 3 for the dark sun animal companions.

I could get you in two ways:

a) You are one of the caravan guards (read the start of the IC thread. Link in post 1).

b) Could be introduced later.

c) You can take over Tiklan
Pneumatik - Human Ranger - Post #40

@Pneumatik: If you want continue the game, please respond soon!!!

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
GM or gandalf are both fine, whatever's easiest. I kind of like the idea of being a caravan guard, so I'll make a half-elf bow fighting Ranger 3, should I give him any particular armor or other weapons?

Walking Dad

First Post
The caravan guards work for the merchanthouse Stel and the caravan traveled from Urik, known for it's obsidian products.

I would suggest a bow (you wanted to be ranged) and some swordlike weapon made from obsidian (same cost as in other worlds).

You can choose between hide, leather and bone armor.
Bone as as same as hide, but counts as light armor and weights 20 lb.
The armor has the house symbol on it.

You have lost all you other equipment as the rest of the guard rushed you to get out. They never liked you much by the way (hard to be a half-elf).

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm fine with a backup dagger.

BTW: Using obsidian gives a -2 on to hit and damage.
Hardness is 8, 15 HP per inch.

I would suggest 'Bolt' as your latent psi power. It creates arrows with an enhancement bonus. Better than the ones with an obsidian arrow head.

---

Would you be fine with starting play, before your character is final?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
fine with starting play, what enhancement bonus to the arrows?

I can also give you the basic stats for my character if you want, the character is almost done and I can post it here in about 10 minutes

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Bolt Power]
Bolt
Metacreativity (Creation)
Level: Psion/wilder 1
Display: Material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: A normal bolt, arrow, or sling bullet
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 1
You create 2d4 ectoplasmic crossbow bolts, arrows, or sling bullets, appropriate to your size, which dissipate into their constituent ectoplasmic particles when the duration ends or after being fired. Ammunition you create has a +1 enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.
Augment: For every 3 additional power points you spend, this power improves the ammunition’s enhancement bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls by 1 and an additional 1d4 pieces of appropriate ammunition.[/sblock]

Some stats would be helpful. I will make an IC post soon, be ready ;)

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/264465-pathfinder-darksun-dangerous-beginnings-7.html

Remove ads